10 things you can do with a Cartel/JK 5513 Sub

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

tripdog

Dec 22, 2018
OOTB these are pretty ugly, inaccurate watches, so one of the first things you could do is modify it - basically to make it less ugly.

This is what the case looks like when you get it from the TD:

As you may have noticed, there's lots of things that are wrong - wrong case height, wrong shaped lugs, wrong shaped crown guards, wrong shaped bezel ring, wrong shaped crystal etc. So you'll need to remove metal - lots and lots of metal from the top, the bottom and the sides. I use one of these:

Once you've corrected the lugs, case height, CGs and bezel ring dimensions and you've got the semblance of a 5513 case, you can polish it, brush it and add your chamfers:

Slimmed bezel ring next to a stock bezel ring:

You'll need a dial, a set of hands, a crystal and an insert. Gen dials are nice, but expensive at $1.5k - $2k, so a relumed, aged Viet' dial will do - the finished article with a Rolex service crystal, fat font insert and a Rolex crown:

I lied about there being 10 things you can do with a Cartel/JK 5513 - IMO the only thing to do with these fugly things is modify them.

frederico

Diplomat
Diplomat
May 19, 2018
The Netherlands
well Sir it would cost me at least 10 years to think about how to do this, but at that time I will be 77!!!
Wonderful stuff again.
Keep posting pls!!!

Reactions: tripdog

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
LOL, nice post Trip. I don't know why people care so much. You just play with them as they are cheap as chips. I like them. But I love all watches.

Reactions: tripdog
OP
tripdog

tripdog

Dec 22, 2018
LOL, nice post Trip. I don't know why people care so much. You just play with them as they are cheap as chips. I like them. But I love all watches.

They're just toys, not to be taken too seriously.