114300 JF vs BP Side by Side

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
114300 BP 3132 Vs JF 3132 Side by side

I want to start by saying both these watches are amazingly good watches and amazingly good reps. I don't think it gets much better than this OOTB.

They are Reps so they both have flaws. They have different flaws and the one you may choose to own will depend on what you are more prepared to put up with. As usual it would be lovely to combine the best of both into one watch, but as we know well, this doesn't happen.

I would like also to add that these photos are full frame, intensely sharp and massively cropped. Most of what you see on both watches , you would never see with the naked eye.
Photos as intensely sharp as these would make would make Megan Fox's ass look fat spotty and downright ugly.

The JF is Red Grape dial The BP is Grey dial

Both have the clone movement . The JF being the SH and the BP is the SA. I like both these movements. I think in reality there isn't much to choose between them . The SH will take Gen parts The SA won't. That said it is not too expensive to replace an SA I bought and SA 3135 for $200 shipped.

So the overall face on look.

You will see that they are both very presentable and Gen like . Nice dials nice print and great hands
The BP has a slightly wider ( by a few microns) Bezel, which is less gen like. The JF has a fatter crown, which is also less gen like

35937114442_ef227ee6b3_h.jpg

You can see the crowns here. You will also see the JF rehaut is way wokier, and the lumed marker is less well finished on the JF.

35937122042_d32bd991c8_h.jpg

The JF dial and hand set is great, the colour is good the print is good, the Rehaut is woky

35298247943_d1bdd8a9c3_h.jpg

The BP dial and hand set, for my money is overall better finished and the Rehaut is straighter

35972802111_27ca2274da_h.jpg

SELs. I have many obsessions, SELs are not one of them. I think they vary from watch to watch, Gen and Rep, and vary more when the spring bars get a bit worn.

First the JF

36064609556_35b58ba294_h.jpg

Now the BP which I think wins

35972812811_387d363dd5_h.jpg

Rehaut engraving

Incredible irony here . The JF engraving is amazing on a woky rehaut, the BP engraving is scruffy on a great rehaut.

JF

36064616316_03d1ebb70d_h.jpg

BP

36129124685_1f2474182b_h.jpg

Clasp. The JF is cheap and flimsy and doesn't shut well. The BP is fabulous, BP wins by a mile here

BP on left

35298309333_70970d94ea_h.jpg

While we are on clasps. The BP has that great fold over micro adjustment (Not present on the gen)

35266397444_2d04ba8978_h.jpg

The JF doesn't

36064638846_0b4c33ce0d_h.jpg

Bracelet

The BP is way better in feel and look. I am convinced that BP are using higher quality steel. There is some variation in the quality of 316 used in reps. The BP bracelet feels totally gen like

35715681020_c1e0627b63_h.jpg

OK so some conclusions. These are my conclusions and I am sure you will draw your own. There are people here with far more experience than me and much better eyes.

Pros and Cons

JF

Pro
Bezel correct
Better movement in some views
Better Rehaut engraving
Lume colour closer to the correct green

Cons

Dial hands and markers, less well finished
Crown too fat
Bracelet a bit light and flimsy as is clasp

BP

Pro

Better overall finish
Straight rehaut
Better dial and hand set finish
More correct crown
Much better Bracelet and clasp

Cons

Bezel a bit too wide
Rehaut engraving a bit scruffy
SA rather than SH movement
Lume colour too blueish

I weighed both watches.

The BP 133 G

The JF 129 G

I hope this is useful to people considering either of these watches. But remember it is only one persons opinion.
Please feel free to disagree and say what you think, I ditched my ego way back in life.

Which would I buy?

Too close to call so I bought both

Last edited:

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Excellent review and comparison. I will be picking up a bp in the future!

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Great review, thank you.

I plan to get a BP at some point.

The BP is also available with a 2824 movement. Would your review equally apply to that version (except, of course, for the movement)?

OP
Timnic54

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Are the BP and JF bracelets interchangeable?
Haven't tried Don't see why not. I will check and let you know.

Great review, thank you.

I plan to get a BP at some point.

The BP is also available with a 2824 movement. Would your review equally apply to that version (except, of course, for the movement)?
Not seen any different parts used in the 2824 and crown position is the same. Must be some internal case difference maybe an adapter added. Hands will have to be different. but seem to be visually the same .

Reactions: Scott

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Not seen any different parts used in the 2824 and crown position is the same. Must be some internal case difference maybe an adapter added. Hands will have to be different. but seem to be visually the same .
Cool, thank you. I'm leaning toward the 2824.

TinaTime

Feb 11, 2018
Great comparison! I have read other comments about the JF bracelet and especially the clasp not being as nice as the one on the BP OP. This has made me wonder about the components of the watch differing from batch to batch resulting in quite a range in quality for what we might think of as the same product. For example, your JF watch has the issues you point out, while the JF OP I have doesn't appear to me to suffer from those same issues. Another example, I own five 31 mm Rolex DateJusts made by BP and what a difference from watch to watch.

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Great comparison! I have read other comments about the JF bracelet and especially the clasp not being as nice as the one on the BP OP. This has made me wonder about the components of the watch differing from batch to batch resulting in quite a range in quality for what we might think of as the same product. For example, your JF watch has the issues you point out, while the JF OP I have doesn't appear to me to suffer from those same issues. Another example, I own five 31 mm Rolex DateJusts made by BP and what a difference from watch to watch.
That’s interesting. I hadn’t heard of bad QC at BP. I know ZF is notorious but hadn’t heard about BP. I guess they make models I normally don’t wear though. Thanks for the info!

MAJ75

Content Contributor
Feb 25, 2018
This is a superb side by side review. It is all too easy to forget the amount of time & effort that goes into threads like this, so all credit to you for a great job.

Reactions: Timnic54

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
This is a superb side by side review. It is all too easy to forget the amount of time & effort that goes into threads like this, so all credit to you for a great job.
Agree Maj!