1680 hack

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
So I messed up a plexi on a 1680 and wanted to replace it with a Clarks. The Clark plexi is, unfortunately not the same size as the rep one. Tiny bit smaller. Since all this assembly relies on the tension between the plexi, retaining ring, and bezel assembly it is just a tad too loose. Such that the bezel assembly will fall off with a bump. Unacceptable.
So........what to do?
I've got some gaskets laying about so I had to find a fix. I find that if you put a gasket like this:

https://www.esslinger.com/watch-gaskets-plastic-hytrel-i-gaskets-for-2-0-mm-glass-crystal-refills/

30mm inner diameter

on the outside of the plexi and press it on with a crystal press it creates sufficient tension to make this work very well.

So, put plexi on the rehaut, add gasket, press on retaining ring, and snap on the bezel assembly. Tight fit, with a bezel that rotates very well.

One other note, the factory has apparently run out of 1680 cases so you are getting one they use for the non-cyclops models. These have been glued and have sticky stuff on them to keep it all together. This fixes that too.

Good luck!

Or some say the SK plexi fits better.

XS303.430

Last edited:
Reactions: PACCBET