An Interesting HOMAGE to the ROLEX YACHT MASTER: SO & CO NEW YORK YACHT CLUB.

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!
As I noted several nights ago on weekly wristies for the week of 04/22/19, I'm posting a quick tour of another SO & CO (a/k/s S0CONY) I purchased & debating whether to keep or not. It's a water resistant (literally -- 100m) homage to the ROLEX YACHTIE w/ blue dial; I posted a comparison of this SO&CO watch with my good ROLEX YACHT MASTER rep on Monday evening. I'm just not certain about keeping it or just returning it for a refund from the seller on amazon.com. As noted then, it's a sizable piece @ 43.5mm w/crown x 12.1mm wide & weighs in at 112 grams, which isn' bad for a quartz watch. It has a sunburst style blue dial and small date window and cyclops; the bracelet links are solid & appear to be well-made -- along with the case, with no sharp edges. The bezel is unidirectional and is a tinch loose but not serious so. The bracelet, as you can see in the pics are stainless steel with polished center links. The case possesses both a screw down crown and caseback; and as I wrote before, I've had several other SOCONY watches in the pool while swimming with no problems. The GMT hand does work and is independently adjustable -- something one doesn't find too much on a watch priced under $50. It comes with both an outer and inner box, warranty cards and other helpful info. I've been wearing it around the house and looks decent for the beater watch it is; the only question: should I keep this or return it for a refund. Here's several pics of the whole process, from unboxing to the warranty cards. Thanks for looking & sorry for my usual PhD dissertation. dave:

Reactions: Lix.Tetrax