ARF SD 43 Review and photos

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Just got this from Andrew at Trusty. Usual perfect service from these guys.

I will start by saying this is without doubt the best OOTB Rolex Rep ever made, a title I would have previously given to the JF 114300. Same house JF and ARF. They are doing great work.
All 904l, not that the difference is IMHO visible

This is an utterly magnificent rep. Just go and buy one now, before they F it up.
It is just too good.
It feels totally gen, and I have had very many Gen Rolex SS sports watches and still have some.

The dial is perfect.
The black hole effect is barely distinguishable from Gen
At last someone has got the insert right. It is bright in the lowest light and very well cut.
It feels soft and Gen like
The clasp feels solid and right
The lume is spot on
The SELs look great to me ( Not SEL obsessed )

Yes the Pearl is a few microns bigger than gen. Yes the edges of the bezel are minutely sharper than Gen . The coronet on the clasp is , with a loupe, not quite perfect.

We benefit from the reliability of a 2824, and still have the correct keyless function.

Totally NWBIG unless you plan to search for the remains of the Titanic.

Photos

41573439221_0d1b08c646_b.jpg

41573432671_1543727f3d_b.jpg

27703957518_aec339057b_b.jpg

40681016115_9dc0ff11e4_b.jpg

41532836222_5f08b9dd29_b.jpg

40681008885_7ef89daa39_b.jpg

Check out the Black hole on this wrist shot. You would swear it was a Gen Crystal

41573444731_4e45dda1af_b.jpg

Last edited:

Havitetty

WTB: TC v7x LN or LV
Mar 10, 2018
That is a stellar review. Seeing one in the wild would be exceedingly rare as the wait lists are sooooo long.

Havitetty

WTB: TC v7x LN or LV
Mar 10, 2018
How long was the turn around from placing the order to it being in your hand?

OP
Timnic54

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
I am yet to hear of anyone who has this watch and isn't entirely happy with it.

VictorKS

Apr 22, 2018
Thanks so much for taking your time out for this review!
I'll have to get one soon!

Now the decision is pending, PAM 111 or this! Life get's harder every day!

Powerreserve

Content Contributor
Mar 14, 2018
69cfb1f950c6bf9a220674a7b276ad08.jpg

Still enjoying this piece every moment I wear it: amazing rep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spectre007

Mar 3, 2018
Agreed, it's absolutely amazing. I hope they can get other models this good. On the wrist, it's pretty much perfect.

Once you get macro-shots and try to scrutinize it detail by detail then the two things that standout are the pearl (too big) and the bezel is sharper/pointier than GEN. Again, the only people who would notice this are you and an expert analyzing the watch close up with the goal of determining whether it is a fake or not.

Mine keeps perfect time as well. It's been 10 days since I reset my watch and it hasn't gained or lost a second.

Despite the minor flaws, one thing that is certain is that it feels like a GEN. That is the most insane part.

Reactions: Diverdown60

ChefZorba

Hobo 115
Jan 20, 2018
Southern California
It really is an outstanding rep that imho, really doesn’t have any “major” flaws or areas that need immediate concern and can be enjoyed right from the get go. NWBIG?? I’ll say a tentative yes only because when a rep is this good, you have to wait until v2 or v3 come out to really make the case for a decision. There have been reported DW issues with some orders and mine has it, especially high teens through 31. The bezel teeth are slightly sharp yes. But do either of these bother me as much as a terrible SEL fit? No....and this watch has a good SEL fit. Gen perfect? No. Really really close? Yes.

Again, with this Arf sd43, it’s really scary close and you have to start and micro-examine the watch to find flaws. When you do, I think it’s NWBIG territory for sure

326173d0aa7b524b6ce8087a4b285fc1.jpg

1d72fec383e2a0b3e5370bd22573a456.jpg

74158cc4f6d5fdabe4d389ffb21c70f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NASA

Apr 24, 2018
Great watch!

I bought 2 of these. Put a gen 2824 from StarTime in one due to bad keyless on the A2824. Was going to do the other one but the rep movement is keeping perfect time and functioning properly on that one so decided against it.

I have the Gen also and here are the differences. Both of my ARFs are V1.

DIAL
The ARF dial is just a bit darker and shinier than the Gen. The GEN is a deep matte black and is a little gray. I actually prefer the ARF dial. LOL.

Bezel
The ARF teeth are sharper and the bezel spins looser than the GEN.

Bezel Insert
Well, the Gen is Gen but the ARF is no slouch. Very good color. 90% same visibility in low light as GEN which is the best I have seen so far on any rep.

Cyclops
The ARF cyclops has more magnification, again, I prefer the ARF with my old eyes. It has a hint of blue AR in it but not bad and looks almost GEN with good black hole effect.

Crown Tube
Rolex crown tube is more matte silver.

Everything else is just like the GEN, especially the bracelet. It's amazing.

OP
Timnic54

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Great watch!

I bought 2 of these. Put a gen 2824 from StarTime in one due to bad keyless on the A2824. Was going to do the other one but the rep movement is keeping perfect time and functioning properly on that one so decided against it.

DIAL
The ARF dial is just a bit darker and shinier than the Gen. The GEN is a deep matte black and is a little gray. I actually prefer the ARF dial. LOL.

Bezel

Bezel Insert
Well, the Gen is Gen but the ARF is no slouch. Very good color. 90% same visibility in low light as GEN which is the best I have seen so far on any rep.

Cyclops
The ARF cyclops has more magnification, again, I prefer the ARF with my old eyes. It has a hint of blue AR in it but not bad and looks almost GEN with good black hole effect.

Crown Tube

Great to hear of a direct comparison with Gen. I concur completely with your take on it .

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
Great watch!

DIAL

Bezel

Bezel Insert

Cyclops

Crown Tube

Thanks for the comparison.... but pics or it didn’t happen! :cool:

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Great watch!

DIAL

Bezel

Bezel Insert

Cyclops

Crown Tube

Very nice. There is also another slight difference in the rep dial vs gen. But I won’t spoil that one since its very minuscule. This rep is amazing.