ARF SD 43 Review and photos

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Oh go on you have to tell us now! :)
Hehe fine. On the gen dial, the rolex crown sits a bit higher, closer to the 12 o clock marker. In the rep it is a bit more distant. Also, the rep dial crown is more “filled” slightly bolder than gen. These are all microscopic details but they are there. However, this is perhaps the best if not the best gen like bracelet to ever come out of the factories and the overall rep is very nice. I honestly don’t know what they would fix in a V3. Perhaps maybe the bezel teeth but even that is truly not a big deal. Gen owners are complaninf of their gen bezel tearing up their cuff links so looks like gen has it’s bezel madness as well.

Spectre007

Mar 3, 2018
I have added this watch to the NWBIG list
Exactly where this watch deserves to be. It's not a Super Rep but it is the damn closest thing we've gotten to an amazing OOTB Rolex REP.

This is the first piece in the next stage of REP development. In that sense, it's a historical achievement in our mischievous hobby ;).

Super Rep to me means you need to bust out the microscope to tell the difference or open the watch. The flaws on this watch are visible to the naked eye and therefore it cannot be a Super Rep. NWBIG is still an amazing achievement for any REP. In the grand scheme of things, there aren't that many REPs that achieve this status.

I wish the other Rolex models would catch up to this but ARF hasn't made anything on this level yet. I kinda feel like they went all out on this to make a splash. The next stage of evolution will be reliable more advanced movements. The thing I love about the ARF more than anything is that it feels like a GEN. I hope the REP industry goes beyond just pure aesthetics and starts really replicating other details about these watches.

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Exactly where this watch deserves to be. It's not a Super Rep but it is the damn closest thing we've gotten to an amazing OOTB Rolex REP.

This is the first piece in the next stage of REP development. In that sense, it's a historical achievement in our mischievous hobby ;).

Super Rep to me means you need to bust out the microscope to tell the difference or open the watch. The flaws on this watch are visible to the naked eye and therefore it cannot be a Super Rep. NWBIG is still an amazing achievement for any REP. In the grand scheme of things, there aren't that many REPs that achieve this status.

I wish the other Rolex models would catch up to this but ARF hasn't made anything on this level yet. I kinda feel like they went all out on this to make a splash. The next stage of evolution will be reliable more advanced movements. The thing I love about the ARF more than anything is that it feels like a GEN. I hope the REP industry goes beyond just pure aesthetics and starts really replicating other details about these watches.
You mentioned the keyword phrase to this amazing rep. “It feels like a Gen”. You are right 100%

GBub

Feb 26, 2018
On this topic, next door has a tiny Gen v ARF comparison. I do love this watch. I love ARF!

I've said the following next door many a time and they always take the piss out of me, but I note that Nasa prefers the ARF dial and cyclops on the ARF to his Gen so.....

'ARF - Better than Gen'™️

And here's the link for next door if you're interested.
http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/140727-arf-sd43-v-gen/