[@Blackholejim Built] ARF Datejust 116234

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

lpl

"Keanu Reeves"
Dec 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
This will be a repost from exile as I assume that when RWI is complete it's rebuild, my thread will be completely wiped out. This one's here to stay...

Hi all,

I would like to show all of you one of my most favorite, cost-effective builds by the master @Blackholejim himself, some NSFW content. :eek:
I was in the process of building a Genken 16234 Datejust and was convinced to pick up a modern Datejust due to the modern fit and finish of the ARF 116234. All I can tell you is that the modern 36mm fits beautifully and couldn’t complain.
With his help, I was able to get this in before the holiday season. He was able to help guide me through the entire process and save me time and money from errors.

The goal for this build: D-Serial 116234 on an Oyster Bracelet (the photo is on Jubilee, however):
zW0Onbl.jpg
uftwZeU.jpg

A little backstory:
I’ve been sending money back and forth to TD’s since end of September for an ARF Daytona (Bad QC), JF 16610LN No-Rehaut (Long Wait), and an ARF DJ (Incorrect Watch Shipped to Me), and without a luck, wasn’t able to score a watch from a TD for the end of 2017. Not an issue. @Blackholejim contacted me and told me that he had an ARF DJ lying around. We talked about my plans and goals for the watch, and was able to get it to me within a couple of days.

More about the build:
· ARF 116234
· Movement Service
· “Polished”/”Shaved” Rehaut Engravings
· Gen Roulette Datewheel

Let me tell you something. The watch is BEAUTIFUL. I understand the typical ARF flaws such as the dial color/sunburst, coronet distance to the railroad, crown and tube fitment, lack of “3D” effect on hands, though I perfectly fine telling you that it doesn’t trigger my intense OCD. IMO, it’s not worth going gen on those parts would bring my watch to half the cost of a gen.

Here's the completed watch. Notice the Polished Rehaut and the Roulette Datewheel:
Ypwxusu.jpg0KQt5Ni.jpg

Now the Black Hole Treatment:
NZfg90s.jpgifdpC0e.jpg

ARF 116234 Rhodium Plated Bezel (Left) in comparison to Gen 16234 White Gold Bezel (Right):
PBhys63.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed it. Special thanks to the master.
-lpl

Attachments

Last edited:

jeane123

Staff member
Jan 5, 2018
Amazing !! Just amazing !! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lpl

majwilliams

Jan 12, 2018
Was the bezel rhodium plated? As I recall the ARF version isn't right? Just absolutely gorgeous

carma888

Feb 27, 2018
Outstanding build! Love the roulette datewheel on this too. Have you seen the gen dial in person, and how does the ARF blue compare?