Comments and Suggestion Thread

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.
OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Is this a replacement for RWI? šŸ¤
Sorry but that is not the purpose of this site. I myself visit the other sites, and what we have here is something of a different culture or different set of rules, but one that loves the hobby just as the other sites do. We have friends on the other sites and we don't discriminate, nor can we replace the wealth of information on those other sites. What we are is our own community of watch enthusiasts.

That being said, we welcome every member and thank you for the support and being a part of this growing community.

--Muscles

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Is this a replacement for RWI? šŸ¤
HB is NOT a replacement for RWI and we are not in anyway, shape or form affiliated with the administration of RWI. What we truly strive for however, is to be the best, user friendly watch board for both genuine and replica timepieces. Much more than a watch board, a true community based on respect and love for the hobby.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
HB is NOT a replacement for RWI and we are not in anyway, shape or form affiliated with the administration of RWI. What we truly strive for however, is to be the best, user friendly watch board for both genuine and replica timepieces. Much more than a watch board, a true community based on respect and love for the hobby.
Well said @GMTG0D. At the end of the day i will participate in the site and help it grow, just as I will participate in the other sites as well.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
What we truly strive for however, is to be the best, user friendly watch board for both genuine and replica timepieces. Much more than a watch board, a true community based on respect and love for the hobby
I love that philosophy!

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
This is a great place. It cannot replace RWI, it can only co exist. I hope more people join and over time the information bank grows. I am not just here till RWI comes back. I intend to stay, but I will also continue to post on RWI when it comes back.

bangsters

Content Contributor
Dec 23, 2017
CONUS
www.pixelsbin.com
This is a great place. It cannot replace RWI, it can only co exist. I hope more people join and over time the information bank grows. I am not just here till RWI comes back. I intend to stay, but I will also continue to post on RWI when it comes back.
Same here. I like it here. At the same time RWI is what introduced me to what I know about watches, and I will also continue to participate and contribute that forum as well. Shouldn't be a problem, same group of guys, same community, and a wealth of compounded knowledge.

I'd rather be a part of both than just choose one or the other.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Same here. I like it here. At the same time RWI is what introduced me to what I know about watches, and I will also continue to participate and contribute that forum as well. Shouldn't be a problem, same group of guys, same community, and a wealth of compounded knowledge.

I'd rather be a part of both than just choose one or the other.
You can enjoy both chocolate and vanilla. They are different, but both taste great! :)

Reactions: muscles

PACCBET

Š½Šµ Š·Š° Š³Š¾Ń€Š°Š¼Šø
Ambassador
Dec 22, 2017
Canada
This is just gonna be one of those many forums (RWI/RWG/RG/TRF/WUS) that I frequent, every one is special on its own!

Reactions: Scott and muscles

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
Small suggestion I noticed while browsing around -- if you click the HB logo in the header in the support center, it takes you to the support index; it would be nice if it went back to the forum index. Certainly nothing major.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Small suggestion I noticed while browsing around -- if you click the HB logo in the header in the support center, it takes you to the support index; it would be nice if it went back to the forum index. Certainly nothing major.
Noted. It's a separate platform but I'll see if I can override that part, I tried before but couldn't find the setting to do so.

Reactions: Scott

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
Another minor one:

HB Dark (Chrome 64, Pixel XL, Android 8.1.0) doesn't show an alert indication unless you open the sidebar. If it could be shown in the header, that would be a huge help.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Another minor one:

HB Dark (Chrome 64, Pixel XL, Android 8.1.0) doesn't show an alert indication unless you open the sidebar. If it could be shown in the header, that would be a huge help.
You are referring to the mobile view right? Yeah the theme was upgraded and the inbox, alert, and user info was moved on the alert sidebar. I can have it show again in the header if that's the general consensus. :) Or a totally different theme.

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
Another nit, this one not so minor. The HB Dark theme (Chrome, same Pixel XL as last night and also on OS X) quotes are unreadable since text and background are both white.

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 11.05.07.png

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Infinite supply of help desk suggestions from this guy :) great to have someone who already knows to offer tips and tricks.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Another nit, this one not so minor. The HB Dark theme (Chrome, same Pixel XL as last night and also on OS X) quotes are unreadable since text and background are both white.

View attachment 1025
Yea this one I've been trying to figure out as it appears to be an issue with the theme. If a copy and paste is done, color formatting gets applied to the text.

Trying to sort this out. @Spinman pointed this out as well :)

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
FYI, when I click on the search bar (using desktop), the pop up obscures the lower half of the bar. Same behavior in both Edge and FF.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
FYI, when I click on the search bar (using desktop), the pop up obscures the lower half of the bar. Same behavior in both Edge and FF.
Hello. Can you send me a screenshot? I'm using chrome and Edge, it doesn't happen on mine.

1517570633042.png