Comments and Suggestion Thread

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Hello. Can you send me a screenshot? I'm using chrome and Edge, it doesn't happen on mine.

View attachment 1032
Your screenshot shows what I was referring to. There is a pop up bar on top of the search bar that obscures the lower half of the search bar. Check out the top of the pop up (above the word "Everywhere") that is obscuring the lower 1/2 of the word "search" in the search bar. It makes it hard to see what word you are typing in the search bar and, therefore, if you make a typo.

Reactions: muscles
OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Your screenshot shows what I was referring to. There is a pop up bar on top of the search bar that obscures the lower half of the search bar. Check out the top of the pop up (above the word "Everywhere") that is obscuring the lower 1/2 of the word "search" in the search bar. It makes it hard to see what word you are typing in the search bar and, therefore, if you make a typo.
Ah i get it now. Will get this addressed. Thanks

UPDATE: Have this fixed on both light and dark themes. Should show up just below the box now.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlanetZoom

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Ah i get it now. Will get this addressed. Thanks

UPDATE: Have this fixed on both light and dark themes. Should show up just below the box now.
It looks good. Thank you. For someone like me who tends to make typos, this really helps :)

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
3. ELIGIBILITY: Members need to be a member for at least TWO WEEKS (14 DAYS) and have a MINIMUM POST COUNT OF 30 QUALITY POSTS in order to POST IN EXISTING SALES THREADS TO BUY **3 DAYS and MINIMUM POST COUNT OF 5 QUALITY POSTS TO BUY AND POST IN THIS SECTION. Members need to be a member of at least 30 DAYS and have a MINIMUM POST COUNT OF 50 quality posts **5 DAYS AND HAVE A MINIMUM POST COUNT OF 15 quality posts in order to CREATE SALES THREADS. Exception to this rule is for HB Diplomats. This is a vetted, invite only group.
This section in the sales rules should really be rewritten for clarity...

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
This section in the sales rules should really be rewritten for clarity...
Yes this will be redone once we go back to the original post count requirements.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
The situation is where you have multiple tabs open in your browser. The HB home page is in one of your tabs, but you are currently in another tab. Suggestion: when there is a new message posted in chat, the title of the tab alternates between "Horology Board" and something like "Chat: New Message(s)."

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
The situation is where you have multiple tabs open in your browser. The HB home page is in one of your tabs, but you are currently in another tab. Suggestion: when there is a new message posted in chat, the title of the tab alternates between "Horology Board" and something like "Chat: New Message(s)."
Hey. As much as we want that to be applied, there is no easy way to accomplish this. The reason is the chatbox is a 3rd party addon, and does offer such feature. It would be nice and I would suggest it to the developer, but ultimately it will be up to the 3rd party developer for that.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
@muscles, FYI, I can only post 10 pics in a thread. There's a thread that says 25 for Diplomats. I don't think it matters much, since you can post more pics in a subsequent post in the same thread.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
@muscles, FYI, I can only post 10 pics in a thread. There's a thread that says 25 for Diplomats. I don't think it matters much, since you can post more pics in a subsequent post in the same thread.
Hmm. I just checked, it does say 25 links.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
If you go to the home page and there is an image in the chat box, the chat box view will be somewhere at/near the location of the image, even if there are multiple message after the image. I am guessing the desired behavior is that chat box should show the most recent message, whether that is an image or a message. In other words, if there are message after the image, the chat box should show the most recent message and not an earlier image. I hope that made sense.

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
A little organization suggestion -- maybe rename the "Brand Forums" section to "Watch Discussion" and move the ladies forum up there? It seems a bit neglected down by the language forums and the ladies forum should really end up covering all of the brands...

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
A little organization suggestion -- maybe rename the "Brand Forums" section to "Watch Discussion" and move the ladies forum up there? It seems a bit neglected down by the language forums and the ladies forum should really end up covering all of the brands...
Noted scott. Good suggestion. Will make changes later. Yea didnt know when to put ladies section lol.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
An observation...

On the desktop, the sidebar is locked/aligned to the bottom of the content area. In other words, when you start scrolling down the page, the main content area scrolls down, but the sidebar remains static. As you continue to scroll and get closer to the bottom of the page, the sidebar will start to scroll and will then stop scrolling at the same time as the main content area.

Alternatively, if the sidebar were aligned with the top of the main content area, it would scroll at the same time as the main content area (and would stop scrolling before the main content area stops scrolling, if the content in the sidebar were less lengthy than the content in the main content area).

Reactions: Scott

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
It would be nice to be able to see subforums on the main page forum listing -- for example, for the longest time I thought we had no TDs or SVs because you can't see them without actually going into the TD/SV parent forums.

Reactions: Fiddo

Fiddo

Follow the Light
Diplomat
Jan 30, 2018
It would be nice to be able to see subforums on the main page forum listing -- for example, for the longest time I thought we had no TDs or SVs because you can't see them without actually going into the TD/SV parent forums.
Yeah, I thought the same.

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
Another small suggestion -- verbiage change for the quote/reply buttons in the bottom-left of every post.

Quote -> Multi-Quote
Reply -> Quote

That way the wording matches the functionality as most people think of it. It seemed to help a lot when I changed it.

Reactions: muscles and Raddave

Raddave

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Jan 16, 2018
Another small suggestion -- verbiage change for the quote/reply buttons in the bottom-left of every post.

Quote -> Multi-Quote
Reply -> Quote

That way the wording matches the functionality as most people think of it. It seemed to help a lot when I changed it.

yep i keep pressing the wrong button myself !