Complete bezel, spacer, click spring, insert, and crystal removal and installation for Rolex 5 subs

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Here is me working on a 16613LB. These are all gen parts but it’s all the same and looks the same whether using a Rolex, homage, or replica. Hopefully the long video will load and forgive my breathing and music that was weird (auto
Choice from YouTube) and only does half the video lol.

I remove the bezel and insert, washer, clickspring, then remove crystal retainer and gasket/crystal.

Show how to put it all back together. If you need to swap a part for another (insert or click spring or crystal for instance), this would be very beneficial.

View: https://youtu.be/JKYvpFu5sXw

Bman31981

May 21, 2020
Love this video. Thank you!!! I thought the retainer would be harder to take off. Looks simple. I don’t have to remove the movement.

OP
JackJ1980

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
One thing to point out - when you see that I had the insert pop up by the pearl, I completely redid it starting with the pearl already inlaid. Never push directly on or around the insert pearl when clicking the insert in. That’s one way to crack it if you do.

CarpetRyd

Content Contributor
Feb 24, 2018
Awesome video @JackJ1980!!!

Is there a correct position for the click spring hole? When you reseated the retaining ring you placed your spring at the 6 o'clock position. Mine is at the 12 with the click spring at interacting with the bezel at 11-ish... I've seen the hole placed at 1 so the click feeling happens at 12... Suppose it's a matter of preference.

Whenever I change the insert on my sub I always snap in the bezel ring to make sure the click spring is good. Rotate is a few times before snapping in the insert - that way I know the alignment of the pearl at 12... Nothing like an off-center pearl to drive you nuts!

Oh pushing the insert out - I do two thumbs at 3 and 9 - works like a charm vs trying to pop it out in one spot!

Reactions: Diverdown60
OP
JackJ1980

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Awesome video @JackJ1980!!!

Is there a correct position for the click spring hole? When you reseated the retaining ring you placed your spring at the 6 o'clock position. Mine is at the 12 with the click spring at interacting with the bezel at 11-ish... I've seen the hole placed at 1 so the click feeling happens at 12... Suppose it's a matter of preference.

Whenever I change the insert on my sub I always snap in the bezel ring to make sure the click spring is good. Rotate is a few times before snapping in the insert - that way I know the alignment of the pearl at 12... Nothing like an off-center pearl to drive you nuts!

Oh pushing the insert out - I do two thumbs at 3 and 9 - works like a charm vs trying to pop it out in one spot!
Good thing to point out. When I centered my insert before clicking in this is exactly what I was doing with alignment.
You’re right about click spring placement. I think everyone had their own preference. If you saw it was removed from 12 o’clock and I installed at 6 o’clock. I personal preference.
The insert is easy to remove, except with surgical blue gloves :) it would have snapped in and snapped out in 2 seconds without them.

Reactions: CarpetRyd

ginopino

Jan 25, 2018
Great Video, thanks! :)
Good thing to point out. When I centered my insert before clicking in this is exactly what I was doing with alignment.
You’re right about click spring placement. I think everyone had their own preference. If you saw it was removed from 12 o’clock and I installed at 6 o’clock. I personal preference.
The insert is easy to remove, except with surgical blue gloves :) it would have snapped in and snapped out in 2 seconds without them.
But the "gen" that came from the factory, doesn't have the click spring at 1 o clock?

Reactions: Diverdown60

ginopino

Jan 25, 2018
This is a full Franken so it’s all gen but a yuki and a TC V6 midcase and case back.
Ok, just asking if, from "R" factory the crystal retainer has the hole for the click spring at 1 o'clock, because I remember that.
And why you prefer to have it at 6?

OP
JackJ1980

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Ok, just asking if, from "R" factory the crystal retainer has the hole for the click spring at 1 o'clock, because I remember that.
And why you prefer to have it at 6?
Honestly, no reason :) first tutorial I ever saw had it there and just have done it there ever since lol