DHgate knives

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
So in my boredom, I decided to pick up a few knifes from the gate to see how they were in quality, etc. I ordered 5 different knives on 9-16-20. Will update as I receive them. First one arrived last night, 9-30. A Chris Reeve. Overall I am impressed with the feel and quality, it's razor sharp and feels solid. Now, the negitive, it will not lock open. The mechanism is not aligned. I can grind it down to resolve this, but I first have reached out to the seller. I will update with how responsive they are.

item link
seller's store link

Rush

Content Contributor
Jan 28, 2018
That's not an authentic Chris Reeve right?
Gate clone?

OP
Rx4Time

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
That's not an authentic Chris Reeve right?
Gate clone?
All I'm posting here are gate clones and I'm placing the links below if anyone is interested. So far none have let me down in overall quality or value.

OP
Rx4Time

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
Two now outstanding. I'm thinking about ordering a couple more to round out my curiosity and collection.

These are the ones currently in my cart I'm thinking about

https://m.dhgate.com/product/benchmade-bm-555-1-axis-folding-knife-440c/512583309.html?invitorid=IRVFN35d

I'm open to suggestions before I order. I looked at a few Damascus, but on close inspection they all looked to be plain steel which was etched to look like Damascus, and several reviews posted confirmed as such.

Also, of note the seller of the Chris Reeve keeps telling me he is going to send me a video of how to use it, but no video has been sent nor do I see how that will address the alignment issue. I've messed around with it and got it so it'll lock in place about half the time. I don't consider it safe to use as is still (I planned on this being my every day use one) and I'm holding off grinding it for the moment.

Last edited:
OP
Rx4Time

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017