Dial swap inquiry

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Diverdown60

Diplomat
Diplomat
Mar 24, 2018
East Coast U.S.A.
I'm thinking about making another "shark"
Question being: Will a dial from a 116610LN that is currently on a dg2813 fit onto an a2836? The idea is to swap the dial from the 6 digit WBK Sub 2813 and place it on a noob v7 116619lb running an a2836 and then using the hands from the noobv7 subc? I've done it easily swapping LN dial from one a2836 noob onto another a2836 noob with lb dial and hands. Just never using dial on a dg2813 onto an a2836. Would rather not potentially screw up 2 good watches using the trial by fire method.
Any advice from our horologically gifted forum brothers will be greatly appreciated.

HorFan

Todor!
Diplomat
Feb 12, 2018
I'm thinking about making another "shark"
Question being: Will a dial from a 116610LN that is currently on a dg2813 fit onto an a2836? The idea is to swap the dial from the 6 digit WBK Sub 2813 and place it on a noob v7 116619lb running an a2836 and then using the hands from the noobv7 subc? I've done it easily swapping LN dial from one a2836 noob onto another a2836 noob with lb dial and hands. Just never using dial on a dg2813 onto an a2836. Would rather not potentially screw up 2 good watches using the trial by fire method.
Any advice from our horologically gifted forum brothers will be greatly appreciated.
It can be done, but you'll need to remove the feet from the 2813 Dial and then remount the dial on new feet in the 2836 position. You can get brass dial feet from Ofrei. Install the new dial feet into the 2836 and place a tiny drop of slow set epoxy on top of the feet pedestals and then carefully position your dial on the feet and allow the epoxy to set and cure. You'll also need to file away a small portion of the dial spacer ring where it contacts the foot pedestals so that the ring sits flat against the dial back.

Reactions: JackJ1980
OP
Diverdown60

Diverdown60

Diplomat
Diplomat
Mar 24, 2018
East Coast U.S.A.
It can be done, but you'll need to remove the feet from the 2813 Dial and then remount the dial on new feet in the 2836 position. You can get brass dial feet from Ofrei. Install the new dial feet into the 2836 and place a tiny drop of slow set epoxy on top of the feet pedestals and then carefully position your dial on the feet and allow the epoxy to set and cure. You'll also need to file away a small portion of the dial spacer ring where it contacts the foot pedestals so that the ring sits flat against the dial back.
Thanks @HorFan, Excellent to the point answer. I have used feet cut from old 2836 dials before to match feet position to replace broken or missing feet from other 2836 dials, with mixed results. Never thought to look for new brass feet from Ofrei or ST before. It's all been several years ago. Seems I remember having trouble with spacer rings and getting them to sit flat as well. Hmmm, maybe I may just look for an LN dial for a 2836 for sale. Just in case, given my lack of horological skill. I think I will do a step by step review to post just for shits and giggles. Pending the outcome I can title it either "How to" or "How not to" swap 2813 dial to 2836 movement.
Thanks for the enlightenment again !

Reactions: HorFan
OP
Diverdown60

Diverdown60

Diplomat
Diplomat
Mar 24, 2018
East Coast U.S.A.
Thanks @NCRich ! I found it the other day. Was going to "Shark" an a2813 regmariner 16610LN, the a2813 was way past repair, so I tried a DG2813 and of course ran into date wheel trouble. The a2813 had a wide date wheel (no overlay). By watching your thread and trying to make the datewheel fit I could see how it was done. Really helpful. I knew it was posted rwg or rwi somewhere.
After much tinkering, I've finally decided to just find a good LN dial to fit a noob V3 116619B smurf w/ a2836 and make an easy go of it. Anyone have a Noob LN subc dial for sale? :)