EGI Build Thread - remove CG project

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Blue Radish

Content Contributor
Mar 25, 2019
Canada
www.blueradishstraps.com
I love my Egi’s, no secret and I really have no issue with the size, although I will admit smaller watches are more comfy. That being said I got to thinking about making the EGI more wearable by removing the CG and also the CG case horns. Telling myself there was no turning back once this got start I dove in.

First step hit the grinder and remove the case horns

After removal but obviously the case rip n torn by the grinder. Very important not to over grind as the case profile needs to be identical to the other side

Profile looking good, now onto hand sanding moving thru various grits until I get a bushed finish to match the case.

Case finish looks great, threw a couple plugs into the screw holes until I decide what to do. Comparison between before and after.

This one has a unique Art Deco movement that required a custom movement ring. Put together the package with tall Athaya hands

And all done!

Reactions: NCRich