Explorer 1016 Sapphire to Acrylic

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

heretical_contrarian

Not all those who wander are lost.
Feb 22, 2018
Hey Guys,

I recently ordered a vintage 1016 rep for an extensive mod. I see it comes with a sapphire lens (looks like they all do) and was wondering if anyone has ever swapped the crystal out for an acrylic? I would assume that the bezel is going to make this impossible but just wanted to check.

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Hey Guys,

I recently ordered a vintage 1016 rep for an extensive mod. I see it comes with a sapphire lens (looks like they all do) and was wondering if anyone has ever swapped the crystal out for an acrylic? I would assume that the bezel is going to make this impossible but just wanted to check.
There are really easier ways. JMB case set ($200ish) is the easiest. Your bezel construction is going to be completely different. In truth you can't tell until you take it apart and do some measuring.