First build, need help!

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

jasonzsjy

Apr 7, 2018
Hello guys, I am new here. I am planning to build my first manual winding watch.

I am planing buy a Panerai pam574, use the case and dial. And have no idea what reliable manual winding movement gonna fit. well reliable first. Anything else need? I have no idea..
and tools, I have no idea also. I want to make that movement beautiful...I am not in a hurry, I think this gonna be my new hobby.

Can you guys give suggestions based on my idea? I am just trying do make something meaningful and I can wear it everyday. sorry about my grammar

thank you for any suggestions!!!

ChefZorba

Hobo 115
Jan 20, 2018
Southern California
First suggestion would be to go here to this thread. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1958095&share_tid=194&url=https://www.horologyboard.com/index.php?threads/Watch-repair-tools..194/&share_type=t

Second would be to go on YouTube and search for some watch building videos to what is all involved in assembling a watch, movement, case.

Then if you are feeling up to it, pick up a couple cheap automatics on eBay that are working, take them apart, put them back together a few times.

If, after all of that, you feel like this is still going to be hobby, then I’d say begin your build.

Not to discourage at all rather I hope you make this a hobby but I was thinking similar to you. Do this on the side and build a couple watches. Service my own watches. Then I put my head in the water and looked at what all is involved and said no way. I’ll leave that to the guys with the patience and skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jasonzsjy and MrE