Gen GMT bezel, movement and a couple of other items fit directly into a noob CHS

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

icemanne11

Jan 29, 2018
Hi all,

I have a question for all you watch builders out there. I have sourced a gen bezel along with dial and hands (possibly a 3186 movement) and was wondering if you can advise if a noob CHS GMT Master would be able to fit them or if there would be any machining required to get all parts to fit.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
The bezel is direct fitment along with dial. Hands will need modding or a gen movement to fit.

OP
I

icemanne11

Jan 29, 2018
Thanks very much for the above information along with the link! Very helpful and hope this will put my mind at ease prior to embarking on the build! Will post pictures of the items along with the before and after shots.

WatchGuy

Dec 22, 2017
Gen bezel fits with no modding.

Gen dial will fit the CHS movement if you clip feet and use dial dots.

Gen hands will fit the CHS movement except for the Hour Hand. It will need to be broached to make fit.

Now if you are getting a gen 3186 movement, it will all fit, but like was mentioned, it sits a little loose in the case. I used a crystal gasket cut in half around the movement to center it and longer movement tabs to hold in place.

OP
I

icemanne11

Jan 29, 2018
Gen bezel fits with no modding.

Gen dial will fit the CHS movement if you clip feet and use dial dots.

Gen hands will fit the CHS movement except for the Hour Hand. It will need to be broached to make fit.

Now if you are getting a gen 3186 movement, it will all fit, but like was mentioned, it sits a little loose in the case. I used a crystal gasket cut in half around the movement to center it and longer movement tabs to hold in place.
Thanks for your reply on the above! I literally sent a message to you a few mins ago on the above and really appreciate the feedback provided.