GF - Breitling Avenger II GMT

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
Hey guys, I just approved my QC on the GF Breitling avenger ii GMT in stratus silver (white) dial. I’ll be posting a review and opinions on this when it arrives. Pretty much all comments on this watch from other forums are that it is a fantastic rep and I can’t wait to find out. I’ll keep this thread going with wristies and relevant updates, but for now here is a quick side by side of the gen vs rep.
9D9DED51-391F-4B33-A6B9-D17449E59281.jpeg

OP
Watches2Play

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
another wristie from yesterday...
37D9FB17-672A-4C2D-87D5-3ED81238ACCD.jpeg

So far I am loving this watch. It is extremely solid and well built. The bezel clicks with a satisfying solidity befitting a far more expensive watch. 5 digit Rolex’s have nothing on this. The time and date setting actions are precise, feel good and sturdy when turning. The only minor niggles I have encountered so far are that the crown threads closed a little rough, but I think a wipe down and some silicone grease will solve the issue. Second you have to be very deliberate when closing the clasp. Making sure to fully engage the main clasp before flipping over the safety lock other wise it has come open, but only after I open the safety catch. Once it’s fully closed it’s very solid.D2F740A3-74DB-40AE-B8DD-E9983191F3FB.jpeg

This is likely to be one of my favorite reps for some time

OP
Watches2Play

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
I purchased a breitling ocean racer rubber strap and deployant buckle to try it out and it is great. It changes up the feel of the watch making it much more sporty and less formal than the highly polished bracelet.

96E25CE7-CD32-4DDE-B776-D9CAC55B3A90.jpeg

WatchnScotch

Content Contributor
Dec 26, 2017
How is the thickness? I have tried Breitlings a lot in the past, but end up dropping them because they feel bulky to me.

OP
Watches2Play

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
How is the thickness? I have tried Breitlings a lot in the past, but end up dropping them because they feel bulky to me.
This is pretty thin for a breitling. It lays flat on the wrist and is not top heavy at all.
I’m going to do a full set of caliper measurements for the dimensions as soon as I have a minute.