Had some American BBQ today... in the middle of nowhere, Japan

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
@NCRich That looks gorgeous. Could you share your sauce recipe? Just looking at that makes me drool.
Sure,

The recipe for eastern NC sauce is this:

1/2 gallon cider vinegar

1/3 cup salt

2 tablespoons red pepper flake

1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

Simmer for about 20 minutes until the spices have broken down and blended. Do this before you start the pork so you can spoon it onto the pork at various times during the cooking process, and dump some onto the shredded pork.

In western NC they put some ketchup and a little sugar. Not much though.

WatchnScotch

Content Contributor
Dec 26, 2017
I can't imagine being in a place where BBQ is not readily available everywhere! I have lived in the Midwest (Kansas, MIssouri and Oklahoma) all my life.

WingNut

Idiot Savant and Good Dood
Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
Since this thread is food related I'll put this here for @NCRich ...

There's a lttle home cooking place just over the line in PA called Mrs. Gibbles, been there forever...went for Sunday dinner...

Fried pork loin, apple sauce and cole slaw, wife had fried chicken and mashed potatoes, and all the hush puppies you can eat...shoofly pie and vanilla ice cream for desert...I should have taken the picture before we started, but hey I thought of it a bit late :)

Gibbles.jpg

Reactions: NCRich