Hello new beginner watchmaker here!

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

GJones

Apr 20, 2020
Hello!
Nice to meet you all. I'm learning to make watches and I'm excited to get to know you all and learn more!

A few years ago I had a nasty injury at work and hurt my spine rather badly. Because of this Im effectively retired at 33, which means I have an incredible amount of free time available to me.

Ive always been utterly fascinated with mechanical watches, and have dreamed about being able to make my own. Now because of some unfortunate events I have the opportunity to do just that!

I've ordered myself a copy of George daniels book, and if it takes me ten years, I don't mind, I WILL make that watch!

I'm very much looking forward to making friends and learning as much as I can along the way. Thanks for taking the time to read my giant wall of text!

Cheers!
-Gareth

Rx4Time

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 23, 2017
Welcome! Patience is key in learning to work on mechanical movements....and steady hands. When you are ready to start hands on, look to eBay for a lot of old cheap watches to practice on, and possibly revive a few. This is a good way to get some practice on the cheap.