Help stabilizing a movement inside case

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

PhillySub85

Jun 2, 2019
Hello everyone, I have just begun my first journey of putting together a watch. I ordered all of the parts and they all are supposed to fit Together. However I forgot to look at the case thickness when ordering and it is a bit to thick for the movement. I have placed the movement inside the watch and installed the case ring then attached those tiny and annoying pieces to secure the movement to the case ring with the provided screws. I am using a seagull st3620 movement and a 44mm case that is about 12.6mm thick. My question is, how do I stop the movement from moving up and down inside the case? I was thinking about getting another case ring insert and sanding it down to fit, would that help stabilize the movement inside the case? Any input would help. Thank you.

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Movement tabs are supposed to hold the movement in place. Moving up and down isn't a thing if the tabs are installed correctly. In some watches a plastic retaining ring is used and sometimes it is held in place by the caseback.

As with all questions, this thread is worthless without pictures.

OP
P

PhillySub85

Jun 2, 2019
I will try to figure out how to post pictures. I probably installed them improperly. I will try to move the tabs so that they have a grip on the inside of the case better. Hopefully that will hold the movement in place. Thankyou, I really appreciate it.

OP
P

PhillySub85

Jun 2, 2019
Movement tabs are supposed to hold the movement in place. Moving up and down isn't a thing if the tabs are installed correctly. In some watches a plastic retaining ring is used and sometimes it is held in place by the caseback.

As with all questions, this thread is worthless without pictures.
Thank you, I just got home and fixed the tabs on it. The movement is a lot more stabile.