How much should I pay to service my rep?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Nivka

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
My v6f aquanaut doesn’t have a good power reserve and loses 10 mins randomly. I think it’s time for a service. She has a sw-200 sellita movement. What’s a fair price to have her serviced?

OP
Nivka

Nivka

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
I mentioned Cousins and Otto Frei, but he said those were wholesalers at wholesale prices lol

Is it a bad idea to have a watch serviced overseas because having it shipped back will potentially damage the delicate work just performed on it?

Maron

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Mar 2, 2018
Canada
I mentioned Cousins and Otto Frei, but he said those were wholesalers at wholesale prices lol

Is it a bad idea to have a watch serviced overseas because having it shipped back will potentially damage the delicate work just performed on it?
I wouldn’t worry about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nivka

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok

Shipping should not affect a watch in that way all watches get shipped somewhere.

OP
Nivka

Nivka

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
They quoted aud230 (usd170) with 12 month warranty. I green lighted it because even though it’s on the more expensive side, that’s worth the convenience of having it in Melbourne and not worrying about shipping costs and risks. Thanks everyone for your advice

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
They quoted aud230 (usd170) with 12 month warranty. I green lighted it because even though it’s on the more expensive side, that’s worth the convenience of having it in Melbourne and not worrying about shipping costs and risks. Thanks everyone for your advice
You save money on the shipping . You don't worry your watch will be taken by customs You know they will do it correctly, because you have a year to find out if they didn't. Life is too short already. Good choice.