IWC 5035 Perpetual Calendar - mini review

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

simonbolivar

Jan 25, 2018
I just received this IWC 5035 from Mary (trusted dealer over at RWG), and thought I would share a few pics.

I've always gravitated towards sport watches, but gradually developing an appreciation for more elegant designs, -especially IWC's. I happened to see this model while trying to decide between IW5007 color combinations, and fell in love with the design aesthetics. The 5035 is a bit larger than the 5007 (44mm vs. 42mm) I believe. But I think this adds to why I like it. Not dainty but not quite as in your face as the big pilot. That being said the scale is probably not going to work well for those with < 7 inch wrists.

The 5035 shares the two sub-dial design with the 5007 for seconds and power reserve, but has the addition of Month, Date, Day at the top of the dial. Date changes are synchronized, but does not consider number of days per month the way the gen does (assumes every month has 31 days). Was a bit worried that the rose gold would be blingy or feminine, but not the case at all when it's on the wrist.

This version is from YL factory. I don't know much about the maker, but build quality seems very high quality. Details like date window cutouts, printing and marker placement on the dial are very, very well done. The crystal seems a bit more dome shape than 5007, it is very clear and has nice AR. I believe this is a new movement (or adaptation of an existing for calendar function), and has been stupidly accurate for a rep (+2 sec over 3 days!).

My only criticism so far has been the strap which is about the worst I have ever seen on a rep. It is plastic and looks to be painted. I just ordered a black croc strap from Mario and hoping to have it sometime next week. We'll see how the gold plating holds up, as I'll want to put this one into the weekly rotation.

On to some pics: (I know... doesn't really go with flannel :p)

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
Beautiful watch. I love the combo of the rose gold and white dial, very nice! If rwi ever comes back there is a full review and tear down of this movement in the iwc section. It’s a good read with lots of pics.

Reactions: simonbolivar
OP
simonbolivar

simonbolivar

Jan 25, 2018
Nice watch and nice review.
Gorgeous watch and great review. +2 seconds over 3 days bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful watch. I love the combo of the rose gold and white dial, very nice! If rwi ever comes back there is a full review and tear down of this movement in the iwc section. It’s a good read with lots of pics.
Thanks gents. I am loving this new IWC and honestly dumbfounded by the timekeeping accuracy of this movement. Will continue to monitor, but right now it's putting my daily beater (gen Rolex GMT 116710LN) to shame. That one gains 4 seconds per day.

martijnp

Content Contributor
Jan 19, 2018
Stunning watch mate!

I still don't understand why they put "International Watch BR." on the rep movement.. :p
But on the wrist, who cares!? ;)