IWC introduces new Pilot’s Watch Mark XVIII Edition 'Laureus Sport for Good Foundation'

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
IWC launched a 12th special Laureus edition at the 2018 Laureus World Sports Awards in Monaco. The watch is a Pilot's Watch Mark XVIII with a black ceramic case, a black calfskin strap with an embossed pattern, and the deep blue dial that characterizes the Laureus watches. Only 1,500 pieces will be offered. The watch
retails for $5,650. Part of the proceeds from sales will be used to support the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation.

Model: Pilot's Watch Mark XVII Edition "Laureus Sport For Good Foundation"
Reference Number: IW324703
Diameter: 41mm
Thickness: 11mm
Case Material: Ceramic
Dial Color: Blue
Indexes: Arabic numerals
Lume: Yes, on hands and markers
Water Resistance: 60 meters
Strap/Bracelet: Black embossed calfskin strap

iwc_01.jpg

The engraved image on the caseback, as on previous IWC Laureus editions, reproduces the winning entry of a children’s drawing competition that IWC organizes in cooperation with the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation, a charity that supports more than 100 programs worldwide to use “the power of sport” to affect positive social change. This year’s winning drawing, chosen from more than 1,000 submissions, is by 11-year-old Ana Claudia from Brazil.

iwc_02.jpg

martijnp

Content Contributor
Jan 19, 2018
Yes! I do like this :)
Not sure if I like this one more than the IWC 502003

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
I usually love the Laureus releases, but I don't know how I feel about the black case here... I'm not too enthusiastic right now.

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
I was able to try this watch on at an IWC Boutique, and let me tell you... in person it is absolutely stunning. The sunburst blue with the polished charcoal black ceramic look incredible together. The pics don’t do it justice. It is very light and comfortable on the wrist and is just the right size (41mm) to be worn casual or dress IMO. The crown and buckle are both titanium which also lends to the lightness of the watch.
The watch is gorgeous, and well worth the $5600 price tag they are asking especially given it’s a limited release of 1500.
8EB67F96-6A54-473B-80A5-3CBB6485DB8B.jpeg
The only downside is the patterned leather strap. It’s an embossed leather that doesn’t really look expensive enough next to the beautiful case and dial.