JF 16610 Upgrade Guide

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

ginopino

Jan 25, 2018
Got mine today, an LV without rehaut.
The whole watch is really good, despite the terrible DW. The case satisfy my taste and comparing to the TC V7 the difference is not so relevant IMHO.
What I didn't read here is something about bracelet, clasp and sel.

What is disappointing me much is the clasp. Is stiff and don't want to close in a good way: maybe some bending could improve. Don't know if is in this way for everyone, but needs a fix, especially on the diving extension.
The bracelet: Is really good looking but needs some oil immediately! Some links are stuck and stiff to move. Making an oil bath now and seems better.
And finally, the SEL. They really need to be more recessed, comparing to the TC or a GEN they are off. Is a pity because the bracelet is good overall.

OP
WatchGuy

WatchGuy

Dec 22, 2017
Got mine today, an LV without rehaut.
The whole watch is really good, despite the terrible DW. The case satisfy my taste and comparing to the TC V7 the difference is not so relevant IMHO.
What I didn't read here is something about bracelet, clasp and sel.

What is disappointing me much is the clasp. Is stiff and don't want to close in a good way: maybe some bending could improve. Don't know if is in this way for everyone, but needs a fix, especially on the diving extension.
The bracelet: Is really good looking but needs some oil immediately! Some links are stuck and stiff to move. Making an oil bath now and seems better.
And finally, the SEL. They really need to be more recessed, comparing to the TC or a GEN they are off. Is a pity because the bracelet is good overall.
my new gen clasp was fairly stiff as well. about as stiff as the new JFs i have dealt with.

I will agree with you on the bracelet needing some oil sometimes. it seems to be inconsistant, as ive had some that the links barely move, and some that are working very well.

As with most these reps, the inconsistencies are obnoxious.

OP
WatchGuy

WatchGuy

Dec 22, 2017
That being said, I think I will go through and update this for the new JFs, since some of this is no longer relevant.

ginopino

Jan 25, 2018
I'm really surprised about clasp and bracelet because I have the JF Explorer and, believe me, they are really good. Another planet compared to the one on the submariner...

Subterfuge

Mar 10, 2018
thanks & incredibly helpful thread. i've been wearing my jf no rehaut 16610ln out of the box and even taken macro shots on it to post on some legitimate websites, and not one person called my bluff. that's how good these are right now. this mods should take it to a whole other level :)

infinity5750

May 19, 2018
Thanks for great topic, Several people have flowed like replace of all parts to GEN and boast of work, but you are different. It accurately describes what is necessary and what is unnecessary. It is really wonderful and I feel refreshing when I see it.

BTW, I already have a GEN dial for my luck. And also some parts. I've been thinking about a JF 16610 LV w/rehaut or wo/rehaut... I'm gonna pick them next month.