Lots of Rumors at Rolex

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
Last time i was in an AD here in So Cal, they told me that weren’t getting any stainless sports models “for a while” either. Their Rolex shelves we’re pretty bare and they usually have a big selection. So something is up, most likely Rolex prices soon lol

Reactions: JackJ1980

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Word about Hulk being discontinued soon has been roaming for a while. The BLNR though i highly doubt it

Reactions: occb2

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Claiming a watch will be discontinued might be a sales technique and/or a reason to bump up prices.

Reactions: occb2

EJ0304

Feb 8, 2018
That's just too big of a leap, discontinuing the hulk sounds reasonable enough, but no more SS sports line?

either Rolex gave up on making money or that AD will soon no longer be AD

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
I don't think anyone said discontinuing all SS sports. I heard just the hulk and the batman. But now I have looked it up and it seems to be a normal rumor that AD's spread to sell more. That is comical.

I have also seen videos were people are saying the same thing about their AD's not getting any SS sports line since last summer. They are probably trying to raise prices again, or maybe they will discontinue the current sub and make one with the new movement. Never the less. It is all just making the value of our real watches go through the roof.
New 3235 is my guess

Tframe

Jan 25, 2018
I was reading a post on TRF last week about the same thing. SS sports line were going to be scarce in the cases of TD’s etc etc.

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
Submariner prices are through the roof right now because of Rolex cutting supply. Even the sellers on trf are asking more than MSRP for subs.

Piccolo

Feb 18, 2018
I think sometimes the rumours are started by well known industry bloggers who happen to have a website that sells..? you guessed it..! the soon to be discontinued models...

The BLNR has apparently always been rare, but there are dealers flashing photos with 4/5/more in hand. Prices on the Hulk have gone up quite a lot over the last year, so a discontinuation will bump them again for a while.

Or you could pay 50k for a blue 5711... :ROFLMAO:

WatchGuy

Dec 22, 2017
rumor has it the SS lines are getting a refresh. potentially slightly slimmer and smaller. in between the 5 and 6 digit size.

im just waiting for that rumored coke bezel gmt to drop.

RepGuy

Feb 23, 2018
United States
I can see Rolex pulling the Hulk to keep it exclusive, followed by the roll out of something extremely similar to the Hulk rebranded as a new model at 2x the price

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Sounds Bizarre to me, I guess their going to limit supply and raise the price. They are nuts.

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
rumor has it the SS lines are getting a refresh. potentially slightly slimmer and smaller. in between the 5 and 6 digit size.

im just waiting for that rumored coke bezel gmt to drop.
That would be nice and hopefully with the newer 32XX movements.

Sub007

Feb 7, 2018
I also have heard these rumours about Hulk being discontinued. My AD told me when I got my Hulk last November, after being on a waiting list, that they hadn´t had any SS models on display for quite some time now. All were reserved. He said that he got very upset and angry customers that just couldn´t understand why they could not buy the Rolex they wanted. They have a fulltime job responding to people that request SS models and then explain that you have to be on a waiting list...and worse some AD´s just don´t take anymore people on the waiting list as they have over 100 people for each model....As for prices, well the good thing at an AD is that you pay the MSRP. So my Hulk costed 8350 euro which is around $10K. No discount but a very nice and unique Rolex Green Pen in a gift box. And as it was my birthday gift I wanted it to be a special moment I remember so getting that Hulk from the AD is a moment I will not forget. Today I was at another AD and guess what...same story. No SS sportsmodels, only a 116619 and some rosegold Yachtmaster. I used to remember a time when I was window shopping and drooling about the Sub, SD4K and even the DeepSea that were on display. Now these can only be found online at the grey market and that just I feel is a pity. Cause getting yourself a nice watch should be also something to celebrate and where better to that than at an AD.

Reactions: Mike116