More upgrades.

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Hello guys. Just want to let you know that we're constantly trying to get better at this -- trying to constantly upgrade and improve the frontend as well as backend.

For frontend, thanks for the feedbacks, we have fixed a bunch of nuances like font color/background color on copy/paste issues across different themes. Adjusted alignments and some gui issues.

We also added watermarking on our images, this way images you share in HB does not get copied so easily. We are also in the process of adding some additional settings as we go along. These include switching the integrated GIF to GIPHY from Tenor (Yes you can add GIFs directly from HB). Adding more detailed reactions, image compression via subscription and integration to kraken.io (should further speed up site and images), and eventually adding CDN delivery and redundancy.

For backend, we have streamlined backup, doing an rsync to another external machine. We will also be making additional backup modifications for incremental backups and multiple backups so we have multiple snapshots we can revert to if need be. We also added additional security where we cross reference signups across multiple blacklists and SBLs to mitigate spam.

Lastly, we are planning more raffles after the next one completes.

Thank you again for being a huge part of HB.

--Muscles

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Hello guys. Just want to let you know that we're constantly trying to get better at this -- trying to constantly upgrade and improve the frontend as well as backend.

For frontend, thanks for the feedbacks, we have fixed a bunch of nuances like font color/background color on copy/paste issues across different themes. Adjusted alignments and some gui issues.

We also added watermarking on our images, this way images you share in HB does not get copied so easily. We are also in the process of adding some additional settings as we go along. These include switching the integrated GIF to GIPHY from Tenor (Yes you can add GIFs directly from HB). Adding more detailed reactions, image compression via subscription and integration to kraken.io (should further speed up site and images), and eventually adding CDN delivery and redundancy.

For backend, we have streamlined backup, doing an rsync to another external machine. We will also be making additional backup modifications for incremental backups and multiple backups so we have multiple snapshots we can revert to if need be. We also added additional security where we cross reference signups across multiple blacklists and SBLs to mitigate spam.

Lastly, we are planning more raffles after the next one completes.

Thank you again for being a huge part of HB.

--Muscles
Sweet, thank you. You are really on top of things!

Reactions: muscles

ChefZorba

Hobo 115
Jan 20, 2018
Southern California
I have no idea what most of that means but because I don’t understand what it means, I’ll take it as very important stuff that keeps making this place great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
Keep up the good work! What’s been done here in a few days is 1000x’s better than others that took months.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Thanks guys. We do our best (if we're not drunk or hitting the gym lol)

Reactions: PlanetZoom
OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Brilliant idea on "copy writing" our photos with watermarks @muscles. I've got to admit it's getting better. It's getting better all the time.
Thank you. We're still trying to optimize a lot of things. Glad you guys are liking the changes.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
OK Done and replaced TENOR with GIPHY. :) Let me know what you guys think.

Reactions: Pistolpete6

SuperLory

Content Contributor
Jan 29, 2018
Singapore
As someone said before me, this forum really is a joy to browse and use. For sentimental reasons I'm attached to RWI but it's been 2 months and counting and, FOR ME, it's still unusable and a far cry from being back - about to give up on them; so keep up with it

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Thanks buddy. Much appreciated!