More upgrades.

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.
OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
The Giphy feature is a nice upgrade indeed @muscles. Saves us the time from Googling it!
Thanks. I enabled Tenor GIF initially but Giphy is more streamlined and better integrated. With tenor some of the GIFs show an X

Reactions: PACCBET
OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Yup. HB will keep evolving and keep getting even better.

Reactions: martijnp
OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Update: We made more changes on the backend. Now all attachments get copied and saved locally. This way, any attachment does not end up getting a broken link if the source location changes. A good example is Photobucket..... once they changed their hosting policy, all images hosted in Photobucket became broken.

With the changes we added, once you link an image it gets copied and becomes an attachment. It does put more overhead on our server side, but we should be ok. :)

Pistolpete6

Feb 7, 2018
Calgary, AB
That's Great new @muscles

Update: We made more changes on the backend. Now all attachments get copied and saved locally. This way, any attachment does not end up getting a broken link if the source location changes. A good example is Photobucket..... once they changed their hosting policy, all images hosted in Photobucket became broken.

With the changes we added, once you link an image it gets copied and becomes an attachment. It does put more overhead on our server side, but we should be ok. :)

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
That's Great new @muscles
Thank you!! We keep optimizing what we can. The changes above increases our overhead, storage consumption, and ultimately bandwidth, but that is a good tradeoff than losing those images when sites like photobucket decide to restrict hotlinking, or when images vanish from source.

Reactions: MrE and Pistolpete6

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Very cool. So many sites have lost pics thanks to photobucket. This improvement is very good.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: muscles

ChefZorba

Hobo 115
Jan 20, 2018
Southern California
The whole picture upgrade is worth my diplomat support status. I can’t even count how many times I’ve searched for specific threads about movements or comparisons, found them and they are loaded with broken link pictures on other forums. Drives me up a wall!

Great news boss!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
The whole picture upgrade is worth my diplomat support status. I can’t even count how many times I’ve searched for specific threads about movements or comparisons, found them and they are loaded with broken link pictures. Drives me up a wall!

Great news boss!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Hey guys!! Been busy and want to let you know we keep optimizing. For the techincal side, we added Varnish Cache to the mix and working with Ngix to further tweak and enhance user experience.

If you guys notice any issues please PM me so I know how the change to caching is doing.

Thanks

Muscles

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Guys if anyone experiences a strange behaviour when you are logged in but it shows that you are not logged in, then refreshing the page logs you back in, please let me know via PM, and let me know what browser you are using. I'm trying to see if the varnish caching need to be tweaked.

Fiddo

Follow the Light
Diplomat
Jan 30, 2018
Guys if anyone experiences a strange behaviour when you are logged in but it shows that you are not logged in, then refreshing the page logs you back in, please let me know via PM, and let me know what browser you are using. I'm trying to see if the varnish caching need to be tweaked.
I was logged in....went to post in the chat box....said I needed to be logged in to do that...refreshed page....showed logged in again. Went to post that here and I was not logged in again. This time I had to actually log in again. Currently logged in on Google Chrome.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
@Fiddo, @Scott Yea I made some more changes just now. let me know if issue goes away. If not, I'm removing Varnish.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
yea mistyped something. sorted out.

OP
muscles

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
is the plane dropping bombs available in smaller size?