My dilemma: The next watch

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Havitetty

WTB: TC v7x LN or LV
Mar 10, 2018
I would like to present to you my dilemma of choosing my next watch. These are the ones that I will be adding to my collection over the next couple ( 3 months ). I would like to know your thoughts and or experience with any that are on my list. I will be picking up some watches that will tide me over until I start sourcing components for some franken 42mm AP ROOs.

8c59ba226d8da99aaeff5720d96ac757.png

I have a modded v7 diver and am looking to fill out my options with little or no overlap.

I think the next candidate would be one of these 4 items. Either a summer watch or something that could be paired with a suit.

ff7aaa1bb9784efd57d21c1de9b7c859.png7ef0134a6e558f87374ae0099cb18bf3.pngbyblos-saint-tropez-50-ans-audemars-piguet_2.jpg
DSCN2165.jpg

These two would be my tourbillion options and something a bit dressier to wear with a suit.

11bcb1079da0f36a5fc490d924701ddb--fancy-watches-luxury-watches.jpgVacheron-Constantin-Patrimony-Traditionelle-14-Day-Tourbillon-8.jpg

If I venture into Rolex territory, I would almost have to insist on a franken/TC//wm9... so the chances of grabbing one of these would be low.

Rolex-Submariner-Hulk-116610LV-2.jpgsubmariner_m116613lb-0005_archetype_diver_0001_840x870.jpg

SinSir

Watchaholic
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Chicago
I have a Prof JF Diver V7, a couple JF V2 15400, and a JJF VC Overseas. I love them all! It's a real hard choice, but that's a great idea to check out Naylors in M2M to see if you like it. It's priced right! All of the above mentioned look similar in design, but in they are all very different watches for different clothes and situations. I couldn't pick one. I wish I could be more help, but those are 3 of my favorite watches.

To me RG is a more of an occasional watch than everyday. That's me, I prefer stainless over any finish. RG looks great, but I'd worry about scratching through if I wore it more than occasionally. The 2 tourby's are cool, but the style and RG would make it pure dress (suit) watch for me. I'm in the minority, but the hulk never clicked with me. I guess I'm not really a green man. I had a great example in a BK too, but sold it. The bluesy, I've never had, but I dig them. Again, on a daily I would worry about scratching.

Franken projects are a whole story in it's self. The ROO's can get very expensive to Franken very quick. I don't really go down that road, or tread very lightly.

Good luck and great taste!

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
You can’t go wrong with any of those, and al lot of it boils down to personal taste and preferences.

One thing to consider is getting different color dials. For example, if you get a white dial tourby, you might opt for the blue dual AP.

If you wear a lot of blue, that’s a good reason to get the blue dial AP.

IMHO, a dress watch should be on a strap.

efthi

Content Contributor
Mar 30, 2018
I would go 15400 and Rolex but that’s just me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

drifter

Mar 31, 2018
My vote would be on the JF 15400 and should you decide to explore rollies ARF Sea dweller 43 / Daytona are absolutely beautiful.

If hulk is on the cards then VRF hulk is great. I post some pics next week as I have one incoming.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: efthi

WingNut

Idiot Savant and Good Dood
Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
Shit...

You don't need any advice...these are all great pieces...

If I might...grab a Tourby...everyone needs to have at least one...:crazypilot:

Reactions: Scott