My new Rolex 116200 DateJust AR Factory (ARF) 316L case / 904L bracelet (pic heavy)

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

amptor

Feb 4, 2018
Hercules, California
Hi so my wait is finally over for my new set of watches from China. In this thread, I will post photos of my package and focus on the DateJust watch.

This watch was purchased from aootime02, which is a TD on RWG. He is also kindly referred to as Robbie or "aobobuy Robbie" from his previous website name. Aootime01 got seized by Louis Vuitton while I was in the process of ordering these watches so aootime02 is the new url name for his shop.

This is not my first order from Robbie. I have ordered several watches from him in the past, albeit not in this caliber.

IMG_4262.JPG
The watches were packaged in a styrofoam box which is the lightest way to ship overseas.

IMG_4263.JPG
The three watches in my order. From left to right: TiPO 45mm Miyota (special order, fresh from the factory), "Pumpkin" PO Miyota, and the focus of this post the Rolex 116200 DateJust with blue dial which is also fresh from AR Factory and custom ordered.

IMG_4294.JPGIMG_4295.JPGIMG_4296.JPGIMG_4297.JPG
The packaging of this watch is excellent. A high quality foam inserted within a PET1 recyclable plastic carrying case. This can prove to be useful if needing to take the watch off real quick before entering an AD :)

IMG_4298.JPGIMG_4299.JPG
A closer look inside the box reveals a spectacular view of a freshly assembled watch from AR Factory. This watch normally comes with an oyster bracelet but I prefer jubilee this time.
IMG_4301.JPGIMG_4302.JPGIMG_4304.JPG
A few photos of the top of the watch, showing the dial. This watch, being close to gen, has a 904L stainless steel bracelet with a 316L case. The sapphire crystal is very gen-like with its height from the case. I will show photos later of the side profile of the watch to hopefully let you get an idea of how high the crystal comes out from the case. Some Rolex models are flush with the case while others are not.

Rolex_New_Sale_Datejust_36_Blue_Dial_Automatic_Mens_Watch_116200BLSO_1__11171.1471635702.1280....jpg
A photo of the genuine watch. This watch retails for somewhere in the neighborhood of $6,000. It is full 904L stainless steel. The ARF replica is not available with the red datewheel according to my TD but I don't need a red datewheel or a "roulette" datewheel which it may be. Black is fine.

IMG_4306.JPG
A photo of the hidden clasp 904L jubilee bracelet on this replica.

IMG_4307.JPGIMG_4308.JPG
Still completely in the wrapper, this watch comes with one cellophane plastic on the caseback with a green tab, similar to a genuine watch.

IMG_4321.JPG
This is the other side of the hidden clasp and you can also see the rehaut detail which is nicely done.

IMG_4310.JPGIMG_4311.JPG
The crystal clearly rises above the case.

IMG_4302.JPGIMG_4304.JPGIMG_4313.JPGIMG_4315.JPG
The date window looks pretty spot-on 2.5x magnification on this watch. The rehaut also has its own individual random serial number below 6 o'clock.
IMG_4316.JPGIMG_4317.JPGIMG_4318.JPG

This watch comes with an Asian 3135 clone of the Rolex 3135 in-house movement. I have done a little research and came to find out that it will not accept genuine Rolex parts though. I don't have a photo of it and I don't see one on aootime02. The movement's appearance looks close to genuine but will definitely not fool a horologist from what I have found out. Still, it is a beautiful watch and a stunning movement under the caseback.

Reactions: MrE

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Nice puppies Amp. Enjoy in good health

Nivka

Content Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
Nice choice with the smooth bezel. Dial, crystal and datewheel are great upgrades