My Seiko Bell-Matics from the 70's

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
I am also collecting Seiko Bell-Matics, the alarm watches. They are classic or vintage watches from the 70's. I have quite a few of them and will post some of them here to show you the different dials, colors, cases etc. They actually have a little hammer that bangs away at the alarm time set. Very cool :)

4006-7012 This one comes with the day in EN and JP, so you choose either English or Japanese
azGLd3.jpg
2B3L5M.jpg
zfuNFA.jpg
0rUnl5.jpg
P1Fyza.jpg
ws0si6.jpg
COnZNy.jpg
wQN7bh.jpg

OP
rwatch0

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
Some group shots.
To give you an idea of the prices, the red one is my most expensive Bell-Matic at $850
The others in general will cost you $350-$450, that is, if you find a good one

Qio1e4.jpg
HZLZH3.jpg
6at7LL.jpg
q4ZmHv.jpg
9DjLUB.jpg
lt4Aar.jpg
O8kbcO.jpg
5rRV25.jpg
JFDWdh.jpg

Rower

Feb 23, 2018
I got this one from my dad after he died. I would love to get it fixed up and wearable. Unfortunately the bracelet broke and got lost somewhere. That wouldn't be a problem if it had normal lugs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
jXx03n52QduePA%kbJrIDQ.jpg

OP
rwatch0

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
I got this one from my dad after he died. I would love to get it fixed up and wearable. Unfortunately the bracelet broke and got lost somewhere. That wouldn't be a problem if it had normal lugs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
View attachment 3642
Hi,
That is a warm and personal story, thanks for sharing :)
Do you know what model it is and what movement is inside? Did you try eBay to find maybe a similar looking one with that same bracelet attachment?
I have some contacts where you might get parts, in EU though, I don't know where you are.
Just know, everything is fixable! Let me know if there's anything I can do.

OP
rwatch0

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
I wasn't expecting it to be that thick. Great looking watches though, I especially like the white dial on bracelet
I think if it were smaller you wouldn't hear the ringing, you can hear the volume of the alarm going off in the video

OP
rwatch0

rwatch0

Content Contributor
Feb 15, 2018
Belgium
View attachment 3642
You might check out the bay item 142697294529
I bought from that guy before, you might use it as a donor watch for yours...