New Gate stuff...

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.
OP
WingNut

WingNut

Idiot Savant and Good Dood
Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
The problem with the "Gate" is I just can't stop buying shit...I really have not been dissapointed...and the prices are right....

The TD's I've dealt with are great, but at the end of the day,...unless I'm going for a specific piece...I can't stop playing in this sandbox...

Reactions: sogeha
OP
WingNut

WingNut

Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
Here is the Gen for the IWC...I must say...they did a fairly good job on this budget rep...you decide...
1523805823282.png

Reactions: Scott
OP
WingNut

WingNut

Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
Conclusions...

VC and IWC very good IMO...

ALS...while a nice watch...not close to Gen at all...(I know that this "skeleton" version is a fantasy, so that aside) date window all askew and small...seconds sub dial is not that...it is a 24 hour counter...not bad would like to have the seconds...

All in alll...with a little digging and finding a good seller...many great bargains can be had at the "Gate"...

Happy Hunting :crazypilot:

Reactions: Scott and ChefZorba

SuperLory

Content Contributor
Jan 29, 2018
Singapore
Can we get a bit more info on the vc please ? It plays the part i must say (I’m biased cos i like the overseas bezel)

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
New gate stuff as well.

Find I really like this. $86 got me a wonderfully smooth movement, sapphire glass, and just overall well done watch. The only downside would be the faux screws. But I can overlook that.

5pYhCWo.jpg
VdKpy68.jpg
67iEPSB.jpg
HNUmrWB.jpg
I've ordered a Brady gold stitched sailcloth strap as I'm not a fan of rubber. Its really a fantastic watch.

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Damn you guys if I only knew what sellers you buy from and what search terms you use I could really upset the wife!!!!!!

Reactions: sogeha
OP
WingNut

WingNut

Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
Damn you guys if I only knew what sellers you buy from and what search terms you use I could really upset the wife!!!!!!
What do you want to know?

Just search replica watch and then you've got to do some digging around...they use mosstly code for the watches, not actually using Rolex or Omega per say...more like rowatch or omwatch. The pictures will pop up and then just start clicking around and going into the seller's "store" to see all that they have.

I have been using hello_watch, not the cheapest but good communication and bomb proof packing...I may try one of the cheaper sellers just to see...I know Rich has a go to guy.

If you buy more than one watch don't be afraid to ask for an additional discount, my guy has always knocked off some extra for multiple purchases.

https://www.dhgate.com/store/20223682#myfavst

Reactions: Thrasher

amptor

Feb 4, 2018
Hercules, California
That VC is really pretty. I've heard dhgate is very hit or miss but you got it good this time. I like my dhgate watch too but I only bought one watch from there, and two pair of sneakers :)

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
What do you want to know?

Just search replica watch and then you've got to do some digging around...they use mosstly code for the watches, not actually using Rolex or Omega per say...more like rowatch or omwatch. The pictures will pop up and then just start clicking around and going into the seller's "store" to see all that they have.

I have been using hello_watch, not the cheapest but good communication and bomb proof packing...I may try one of the cheaper sellers just to see...I know Rich has a go to guy.

If you buy more than one watch don't be afraid to ask for an additional discount, my guy has always knocked off some extra for multiple purchases.

https://www.dhgate.com/store/20223682#myfavst
Hello watch is awesome lots of Frank Mullers and since that one I won in the raffle is to big for my wife and she loves it I think I'll get her one.

Thank You

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
The sellers come and go. Its hard to tell someone who to buy from. Honestly I've ordered 20 or so watches and only had one come in dead. I just popped a new movement in, didn't bother with a refund. There are dozens of Chinese movement with complications and I've not had one crap out. I have found that new sellers will price watches 20% lower than others to get sales. For example the Cartier Diver I got $25 cheaper than they are listed now by going with a seller with little history.