New Ginault Ocean Rover II Details and Specs

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Oris

Public Figure
Diplomat
Jan 29, 2018
Australia
Here are first details of the Ocean Rover II.

Please excuse the quality of the screencaps; these images were downloaded from a post on a Facebook discussion group.

The main differences appear to be:

1) The introduction of Swiss SW200 movements.
2) Triple layer AR coated flat or domed crystals and the option of date mag for both domed and flat crystals on date models.
3) An engraved ceramic 'Sea-Dweller' style 60 minute graduated bezel insert.
4) A new 'quattro-coil' bezel ratcheting system, which sounds like the system used on ceramic Subs.
5) A slightly improved and revised bracelet and clasp

Retail and pre-order pricing are discussed in the last screencap.
The concerns many have expressed about a lack of Swiss movements for the price have been addressed with the Sellita.
It'll be interesting to see how traditional 5 digit dimensions look with the new ceramic bezel inserts, and to see how the watch goes on to present 'in the metal'.

Last edited:

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
I will have to see some better pictures and while these are by far the best Sub Homage watches out there it's hard for me to forgive TC for killing the TC sub. There where a few people ready to take over, buy his parts suppliers and continue the TC line but he just blew them off. The people who wanted to take over the brand where not children and had the money and experience to continue

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
I love the no date sand lume...I'm not sure about a ceramic bezel on a retro Submariner case, I hope they continue to offer the standard aluminum insert with Sub markings. Totally welcome the AR especially if its equal to the quality of what Prof Steve does, but if the AR is like VSF then it will scratch easily as I learned on my new VSF A8500 45.5mm PO....Really only I can see the scratch with a 10X loupe but I know its there. I'm also happy for the movement....But the price is a bit high I think...But then again if you really wanted a nice watch and weren't crazy like most of us..This would be the watch.. https://ginault.com/ocean-rover-181875/

Reactions: Oris