New Member Here!

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

I'm a new member, having just joined last night, and so far, I'm very impressed with this site dedicated to ALL horology.
I belong to several rep watch sites, as well as a member of several other watch sites. I've always enjoyed watches since my Teen years but never could afford to buy one; my folks gave me a gold plated TIMEX manual wind for graduation & wore it constantly until I secured a SEIKO 5 Sportsmatic tt while on active duty with the U.S. Air Force, at Clark Air Base, Philippines. As an aside, I still have it, it still runs quite well, and wear it once-in-a-blue moon.

I'm a retired history professor who taught for thirty years but actually HAD to retire because of the after effects my brain surgery had on my body and mind -- had a tumor removed from my brain, which left me partially disabled. I was depressed for a long time but found solace on one of my rep watch sites and have been a member for nine years. Some of my hobbies are (or were) riding my motorcycle (which I had to give up), playing my acoustic guitars (still can), fitness/exercise (which I still do to keep this 71-year old body moving), reading, of course; music, and, of course, WATCHES of all kinds -- gen, reps, cheapies, and all others in between. I love learning a lot of things, and I'm still learning about watches (although, some, like Panerais, confuse the bejesus out of me because I still can't remember all the model numbers.

There's a lot more I can type, but these old fingers are getting tired --as well as the old bod, so I'm ending it here. I'm truly IMPRESSED with HorologyBoard,com and hooe to be around for a long time. GREAT PLACE!!

dave

MrE

Content Contributor
Feb 27, 2018
Hi Dave :) So happy to see you here.

(you may know me as @thumbsarehandy on RWI)

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Welcome aboard Dave!!!! Glad to have you here.

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Welcome don't forget to tell your friends on the other boards about us.

OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi Dave :) So happy to see you here.

(you may know me as @thumbsarehandy on RWI)
Hi, Mate! I certainly recognize your RWI handle. I chuckle each time I see it, as I've learned that my digits can be very handly --or a nuisance, as in "I'm all thumbs." (Which I am, heh!)

dave

Reactions: MrE
OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
THANKS to all who welcomed me; very much appreciated. "Hey," shout out to fellow guitarist Timnic! Many times, when I am down in the dumps, I grab one of my guitars (6 and 12-string) & get lost in them.

dave

Reactions: MrE

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Welcome and sounds like a great history with some interesting stories I’m sure. Hope to
See you in the forums !