New release: Daytona 1:1 from Noob, first 4130 super clone movement

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Luxuracer

Noob Friendly
Feb 23, 2018
Hi fellas,

This topic was take from ToroBravo posting next door. I hope he doesn't mind if I post it here, since it is wonderful new.
Credit to ToroBravo

New release Daytona 1:1 from Noob
Case size 1:1 316 Steel
Fully functional chronograph movement
4130 clone movement
A few comparative pics Noob vs ARF
Price $628 - white dials will be available first, than all the rest
Please note that the movement it´s not compatible with ARF case, for those who buy the watch just for the movement
The movement it´s not available for sell, just with the whole watch

9rUou13.jpg
zMktHO0.jpg
urTjSHB.jpg
TeB5CFD.jpg
27upu1y.jpg
tnwA45p.jpg
xG8qRHM.jpg
smILMsf.jpg
URju2lD.jpg
gukOUTX.jpg
PPwyMOw.jpg
SQTZYaU.jpg
frhHtpJ.jpg
IKED0vJ.jpg
VSb2CJL.jpg
uw4DddL.jpg
0SD2VrU.jpg
tWEXMWp.jpg
ifVU5nc.jpg
Qdwm7Yq.jpg
DXgEiqB.jpg
SspgUqH.jpg
sDZjuxl.jpg
Vuy4Crh.jpg
http://www.toro.fun/

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
AFAIK up to now there was only one chinese made column wheel chronograph movement and that was the ST 19. The incredible thing here is that they have made a fully functioning column wheel controlled Chronograph movement. It looks like the only practical difference is the regulated balance rather than free sprung balance. This is a real landmark!

Reactions: Scott and Luxuracer

Havitetty

WTB: TC v7x LN or LV
Mar 10, 2018
I thought the word on the street was that it is a fatty and the taper from the midcase to the lugs was off compared to the ARF version.

Please advise if I am wrong.

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
I thought the word on the street was that it is a fatty and the taper from the midcase to the lugs was off compared to the ARF version.

The word on the street is also that Mcdonalds make great food, look at the figures.

The case is correct thickness , so it definitely isn't fat. It is very hard to judge the case shape from the photos currently released. Looking carefully I think it is pretty good, but the camera angles on the photos make it very difficult to judge . Looking at the movement though. It is definitely a full clone with a proper column wheel, fully working chrono. The only real way to judge it is when some people buy it , take some good photos and write reviews.

I love that we now live in a time when someone can go to the extreme of cloning what is a very sophisticated movement. It bodes very well for this hobby.

Havitetty

WTB: TC v7x LN or LV
Mar 10, 2018
Thank you for the reality check. I am nothing but excited for the things to come and don't take this feat of engineering and innovation lightly at all. Comments were initially based on perhaps poor photos.

Maybe one day, 1:1 RM/ Tourby reps :unsure:

Reactions: Timnic54
OP
Luxuracer

Luxuracer

Noob Friendly
Feb 23, 2018

"The word on the street" ..... Kakaka!

Which street are you talking about? Toro just post these info 3 days ago, and none of the other TD has any more information on this. Unless you live on the street next to Noob factory, these pictures are the only things we have for now.
And then ARF case is not perfect, lugs are too thick, pushers are too far and at the wrong angle, cg are fat and short.
From the pictures Noob fixed those problem. Lugs, cg, and pushers are closer to gen than ARF.

Reactions: Scott

androme

Mar 11, 2018
Brexit
Posted on RWI that this has perked my interest. My only real question is whether this SA4140 will be a potential time bomb like SA3135 were when they were first released by noob if I remember reading right and whether or not Yuki will then make a SH4130 that can then take gen parts in the future to improve reliability etc aside from a service. Exciting times ahead though in terms of movements!

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Posted on RWI that this has perked my interest. My only real question is whether this SA4140 will be a potential time bomb like SA3135 were when they were first released by noob if I remember reading right and whether or not Yuki will then make a SH4130 that can then take gen parts in the future to improve reliability etc aside from a service. Exciting times ahead though in terms of movements!
Yuki never made anything They simply re-sold the movement.

I have several SH and SA 3135 movements all running perfectly. The problem is not that they are any worse intrinsically than a 28XX . Parts are the problem. So long as we can ultimately buy the movement alone. There will be no real problem. Each movement has all the parts.

Most Chinese movement leave the movement makers in good shape. Then the Rep assemblers get them engraved. The movement factories won't engrave, because so long as they don't, they can work pretty openly. The engraving of back plates is usualy done with no or minimum tear down. Then damage happens. The movements are stored , pending engraving, in poor conditions and are not stripped and cleaned before casing up.
Ninety % of the problems with Rep movements result from this issue.

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Yuki never made anything They simply re-sold the movement.

I have several SH and SA 3135 movements all running perfectly. The problem is not that they are any worse intrinsically than a 28XX . Parts are the problem. So long as we can ultimately buy the movement alone. There will be no real problem. Each movement has all the parts.

Most Chinese movement leave the movement makers in good shape. Then the Rep assemblers get them engraved. The movement factories won't engrave, because so long as they don't, they can work pretty openly. The engraving of back plates is usualy done with no or minimum tear down. Then damage happens. The movements are stored , pending engraving, in poor conditions and are not stripped and cleaned before casing up.
Ninety % of the problems with Rep movements result from this issue.
Great explanation.

Reactions: Maron

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
I’m excited for a weird reason. I’m looking at immediately using the movement for other brands :) blancpain and a few other brands all have seconds at 6. If this is good, thin, and quality I am going to see what needs to be done to try and use it in my bpff chrono.

Maron

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Mar 2, 2018
Canada
I’ve always wanted a Daytona, this is great news. I look forward to seeing how reliable the movement is and if it can be serviced with Rolex parts if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk