New release: Daytona 1:1 from Noob, first 4130 super clone movement

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

SuperLory

Content Contributor
Jan 29, 2018
Singapore
I’ve always wanted a Daytona, this is great news. I look forward to seeing how reliable the movement is and if it can be serviced with Rolex parts if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im in the same boat although i wont be interested in the ceramic bezel iterations.. I’ll wait for steel bezel

Maron

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Mar 2, 2018
Canada
I’ve always wanted a Daytona, this is great news. I look forward to seeing how reliable the movement is and if it can be serviced with Rolex parts if necessary

Im in the same boat although i wont be interested in the ceramic bezel iterations.. I’ll wait for steel bezel
Me too

Ssouthall6

Jan 26, 2018
Posted on RWI that this has perked my interest. My only real question is whether this SA4140 will be a potential time bomb like SA3135 were when they were first released by noob if I remember reading right and whether or not Yuki will then make a SH4130 that can then take gen parts in the future to improve reliability etc aside from a service. Exciting times ahead though in terms of movements!
Yuki never made anything They simply re-sold the movement.

I have several SH and SA 3135 movements all running perfectly. The problem is not that they are any worse intrinsically than a 28XX . Parts are the problem. So long as we can ultimately buy the movement alone. There will be no real problem. Each movement has all the parts.

Most Chinese movement leave the movement makers in good shape. Then the Rep assemblers get them engraved. The movement factories won't engrave, because so long as they don't, they can work pretty openly. The engraving of back plates is usualy done with no or minimum tear down. Then damage happens. The movements are stored , pending engraving, in poor conditions and are not stripped and cleaned before casing up.
Ninety % of the problems with Rep movements result from this issue.
Exactly

androme

Mar 11, 2018
Brexit
Yuki never made anything They simply re-sold the movement.

I have several SH and SA 3135 movements all running perfectly. The problem is not that they are any worse intrinsically than a 28XX . Parts are the problem. So long as we can ultimately buy the movement alone. There will be no real problem. Each movement has all the parts.

Most Chinese movement leave the movement makers in good shape. Then the Rep assemblers get them engraved. The movement factories won't engrave, because so long as they don't, they can work pretty openly. The engraving of back plates is usualy done with no or minimum tear down. Then damage happens. The movements are stored , pending engraving, in poor conditions and are not stripped and cleaned before casing up.
Ninety % of the problems with Rep movements result from this issue.
Wow, thanks for the explanation! Another one for my knowledge bank :)

On side note, would this movement with working chrono (non-engraved) ever be usable even with tabs or something in non-Rolex pieces instead of the A7750's that are in other types e.g. AP's? Or is this more dependent on case reshaping etc?

Reactions: Timnic54

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Wow, thanks for the explanation! Another one for my knowledge bank :)

On side note, would this movement with working chrono (non-engraved) ever be usable even with tabs or something in non-Rolex pieces instead of the A7750's that are in other types e.g. AP's? Or is this more dependent on case reshaping etc?
Maybe hands would be a problem. I don't know the specifics.

SinSir

Watchaholic
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Chicago
Good move for the hobby, but these clone movements, hmm... I wouldn't want to be a first adopter, but cool never the less.

Thehitman

Jan 31, 2018
Of course he would be one of the 1st!
Damn right!!!!! I have this name for a reason. :) do they allow beeeewbeees here?!? I might start listing my stuff for sale here...

Toro knows I’m a picture whore so he said you get the first one!! So far I can’t break it. This forum is so fast and doesn’t always say “Working”

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Frontal video
View: https://youtu.be/8n8jo1rasRE

From the back video
View: https://youtu.be/0yQ6sORjB0o

Everyone on rwi thought I was lying about having one in my possession. They came up with a mix of 21j pics and gen pics theory. It was fairly entertaining.
Nice to see the column wheel function in exactly the way it does on 4130. Don't know why people didn't believe you have the watch. That is clearly the 4130 clone movement and not a gen 4130, it doesn't have a free sprung balance like the gen which is immediately obvious.
It is strange that you have it in the rep platinum case with blue dial. AFAIK the early release models will be Steel case and white dial.

But there is no doubt you have the watch with the 4130 clone.

Reactions: Scott