New release: Daytona 1:1 from Noob, first 4130 super clone movement

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
I think we need to see a release model before we pass any judgement. The first, I am told will be steel. The platinum model will always look a bit pants, cos it is steel and should be platinum.

Reactions: Scott

ginopino

Jan 25, 2018
Im in the same boat although i wont be interested in the ceramic bezel iterations.. I’ll wait for steel bezel
100% agree... in the meantime, hope someone can analyze the movement and, maybe, a good gen vs rep comparison :)

I'm really happy I didn't buy anything in the later time... so I will take it for sure.
I'm not a Daytona guy but, hey, this is awesome!

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
I think for the ceramic bezel ones,price will about $578~$588,
the SS bezel ones,price will be $558~$568,
Price estimates from Lucy.

If you're at all nervous about the movement surviving, I can really recommend her for her rigorous QC.

Reactions: Havitetty

Havitetty

WTB: TC v7x LN or LV
Mar 10, 2018
I can source gen dial and hands, but don't know if they would fit or if they would bring it to a near NWBIG level. I have the funds and the contact, but not the experience needed to judge :oops:

I would appreciate any suggestions and advice!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2many2choose

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
I can’t wait to hear about these once they get in peoples hands. I have heard that the ARF is still the better looking rep but that’s just based on pics.
Who is going to do a side by side, noob be ARF?? ;)

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
I can’t wait to hear about these once they get in peoples hands. I have heard that the ARF is still the better looking rep but that’s just based on pics.
General across the forums opinions seem to be mostly based on how pissed off people who just recently bought a ARF with a shitty 7750 stripped down are.

The case looks Ok, not that you can tell much from the crap TD photos. Noob generally get cases pretty close and you would be surprised how many commenters don't actually know how different the steel and precious metal cases are in the gen.

Reactions: SuperLory

BackwoodsJon

Trusted Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 22, 2017
in the woods
General across the forums opinions seem to be mostly based on how pissed off people who just recently bought a ARF with a shitty 7750 stripped down are.

The case looks Ok, not that you can tell much from the crap TD photos. Noob generally get cases pretty close and you would be surprised how many commenters don't actually know how different the steel and precious metal cases are in the gen.
This is true.... completely. Even the ARF case with 904L is not 100%. The lugs are a little more rounded along the edge than the gen is. The noob version with this new movement is very interesting.

Ssouthall6

Jan 26, 2018

I think it's more the fact noob have brought out this amazing innovation in the movement but have frustratingly used the same shitty dial and bezel as their previous daytona, then obviously had to use a redesigned case which doesn't look too bad but just slapped on the old bracelet and now you have a massive gap in the sel. ARF release a watch and everything is new on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk