Newman Microstepper Daytona - I wonder?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
So I was replacing some cartel daytona cases with steel bezel ones. Looking at the relatively nice cartel case I really didn't want to waste it. I wonder if that cheap Ali microstepper with the crappy case would fit? No way right?

Way. The crown is even the same. Used the same crown off the cheapie. MUCH nicer. Even has a Clark Tropic 21 plexi.

IMG-1667.jpg

IMG-1666.jpg

IMG-1671.jpg

Wouldn't it look nice with the dial aged and yellowed and some vintage lume........hmmm....

OP
NCRich

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Oh I guess I forgot to post this here. The case was all wrong, 20mm lugs, metal insert, shiny plastic looking dial. But it had potential. So I fixed it.

I had a spare cartel case, and low and behold it fit. Even the crown switched over and screwed right down. Exact same crown. So with a much better case I put on a Clark tropic 21 plexi.

Better look

Took it apart

Matte sprayed the dial. Toned it down a lot and made it look "richer"

Now for some subtle aging. I don't want some bottom of the sea look. Repmaster1234 turned me on to this little aging kit.

You have to practice with it but it does the job.

So with a bit of subtle aging and a relume of dial and hands.

and together

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

Flyin_gnome

Content Contributor
Jan 22, 2019
Idaho, USA
And its only going to get better as you wear it. Fantastic work absolutely stunning watch. Hoping to have one built for me after CNY because frankly I'm not up to doing it myself yet.