No blancpain?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

martijnp

Content Contributor
Jan 19, 2018
Well meanwhile here are a few Blancpains

And some photos I took in the Blancpain factory, lots of Blancpains on the Boardroom table :)
You are a true Blancpain enthousiast I see. Lovely pictures, thanks or sharing those. Also the exclusive look into their factory :)

Reactions: Timnic54

muscles

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
We will add the other brands as they get populated. Will move this to its own forum once we get a few more :)

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
I remember these pics from next door last year. What a trip that must have been and I know there are plenty more pics that you shared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there are more. But i don't want to over flood this new Forum. We need to progress steadily and attract new posters.

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
How do you feel about the darkness of the blue? Too ungen like or subtle or just right?
I have held a couple of gen Blue FFs in my hand . The bezel blue is very dark unless it is very well lit, There is no intentional match dial to bezel, also the straps are very dark.
IMHO the ZF blue FF is pretty much spot on . The two next to each other in the same light, you would seriously struggle to see which is which. Other details are also spot on.

You will see the odd photo here and there in which the bezel of the gen appears to be a brighter blue. Having seen them in my hand, I would say that in those photos, they were extremely well lit and/or the blue saturation has been turned up in editing.

The other minor detail is the Hex screw in the lugs. On the Noob they are too big. On the ZF they are correct size.

In the photo I have posted above the blue looks wrong, there was a lot of UV and I didnt edit to compensate . I will take a photo in natural white light later and post it in this thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott
OP
JackJ1980

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
Cool. I know th noob is way way too blue. Just wanted to make sure ZF didn’t go too far in the other direction. Dibs if you sell it :). I may have to look at getting one I think

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Cool. I know th noob is way way too blue. Just wanted to make sure ZF didn’t go too far in the other direction. Dibs if you sell it :). I may have to look at getting one I think
Try to avoid one with a display back. That would spoil it for me. The movement is no where near right.

Reactions: JackJ1980

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
they were extremely well lit and/or the blue saturation has been turned up in editing.
Or even automatically, with these machine-learning-driven autoprocessed modes that pull the most out of every pixel on a camera's sensor, especially on mobile phones...

This is why I wish it were a standard for every dealer_comparison photo to include a white balance card or a color checker card...

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
Or even automatically, with these machine-learning-driven autoprocessed modes that pull the most out of every pixel on a camera's sensor, especially on mobile phones...

This is why I wish it were a standard for every dealer_comparison photo to include a white balance card or a color checker card...

The other thing is that most of is dont colour calibrate our computer screen And definitely not our phone screens