Noob 116610 v8?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

phdsjain

Content Contributor
Jan 30, 2018
You might want to wait for the ARF 116610 scheduled to release after CNY. Also in 904L but with a better AR'd cyclops and a better insert color. If you want a good out of the box rep, the ARF will be a better option.

However, if you wish to franken it with more than a gen crystal, the SA3135 V6S and a very small V7 batch are the only cases you should invest upon.

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
I’m not sure why ARF has chosen to only make 2836 based subs. All the other ARF/JF releases are using the SH yuki movements. It doesn’t make sense.

phdsjain

Content Contributor
Jan 30, 2018
I’m not sure why ARF has chosen to only make 2836 based subs. All the other ARF/JF releases are using the SH yuki movements. It doesn’t make sense.
ARF will be using A2824 and not the A2836 so case will remain the same as current SH3135 but hands and dial feet position will be different than SH.

Watches2Play

Timelord
Ambassador
Dec 27, 2017
ARF will be using A2824 and not the A2836 so case will remain the same as current SH3135 but hands and dial feet position will be different than SH.
Where did you hear that? Is that just a guess or did that come from somewhere reliable?

phdsjain

Content Contributor
Jan 30, 2018
Where did you hear that? Is that just a guess or did that come from somewhere reliable?
On the ARF 904L 116610 thread on RWI. I think it was 2fake4u or another member who was told so by Angus.

Reactions: Watches2Play

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
Also everyone. We regulate the market. You dont want an ARF with a 28XX in it. Dont buy it. Buy noob and voice that you want a 3135. They will do what makes them money. A china 28XX is $20 buck and a rep 3135 is about $80-100.
@occb2, if I knew how to work on watches, that would be my first choice, especially since I value your advice. But for someone who doesn't work on watches, might a 28xx (or, better yet, a swiss eta) be a better choice (assuming all other factors are the same)?

WatchGuy

Dec 22, 2017
On the ARF 904L 116610 thread on RWI. I think it was 2fake4u or another member who was told so by Angus.
Allegedly but who knows for sure until we see it. 2824/2836 is the same thing to most the TDs so who knows if they were confused or not. hopefully its the 2824.

I don't see why? If you dont know how to work on a watch it doesn't matter what movement you have. You cant work on either.

Also the SH3135 is really getting slammed for no good reason. They can be quirky but if you just dont touch the calander or winding during the hours of 10 to 2am and leave the movement alone it will be fine. They are dirty and dry so yes I would get it serviced but an A2824 also is dirty and dry. Just a lot cheaper.

But lets look at this as a person who wants to grow with a watch.

Get the ARF with an ETA. You get a real dial, you have too cut the feet. You get real hands, you need to glue the seconds hand and manipulate the others but can be done. Real date wheel? Not happening. Crystal and bezel, yes.

You get the noob with a 3135. Dial, fits perfectly with out destruction so if you ever break it down you can sell it. Hands fit perfectly. Your movement has issues, you take it to a watch maker that does rolex movements. Heck I just found another wholesaler selling 3135 parts all aftermarket. So lots of people that dont go to rolex are going to have fake movements parts if not already.

So finding a jeweler that works on a 3135 is easy.

I love to grow with a watch. The case is the number one thing on direction. You can get a 28XX case. But understand that you will want to change it to a real 3135 one day. If not just get a ARF and leave it as is and wear it. Then the A2824 is probably a more reliable movement.
it can work, but it wont mount like gen, you have to use tabs. But, still can fit snugly if you do it properly.

and i agree, the sh3135 gets a bad rap but imo, its the best movement to use for a franken. and the date change issue between midnight and 7am can be fixed with one little part, or even in some cases, tightening/loosening 1 screw. On the date change wheel, part 3135-625, there is a spring in the wheel that is supposed to allow the date to change, even if the jewel that moves the date disc is in the way. The problem with some is the spring is too stiff, or the wheel is too stiff to allow the disc to move. fix that, and youre golden.

Reactions: occb2