OCD tendencies and reps

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

MrE

Content Contributor
Feb 27, 2018
My major pet peeve is the date - font, alignment, magnification, black hole, etc.

Have so far avoided a watch with a date. But very likely will see about that in the future.

Also, rehaut alignment - I got lucky with M - the rehaut alignment was perfect on my Noob v7, 114060.

ChefZorba

Hobo 115
Jan 20, 2018
Southern California
When you get qc pics of your watch and the triangle at 12 with pearl and bezel lines up perfect.....then you get the watch and it’s way off and have enough play in the bezel to scratch a record like a DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperLory

drifter

Mar 31, 2018
I consider myself quite a realistic person, the details I tend to look at carefully in QC are quite simple.

DW alignment
Sels
Dial ( alignment/ dirt)
Insert ( usually on rollies )

Other issues wouldn't bother me so much Infact, I always check with a mate to see if I am been reasonable... Haha

Most importantly I respect the dealer and seek clarification from him if unsure.

But there has been couple of instances that I hace rejected and this has happened more recently , could be due to rejected stock for obvious flaws which stare at you all day.... unbearable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChefZorba and Nivka

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
The biggest one for me so far is dirt/lint on the dial. Knowing that something is there and I can't get rid of it drives me up the wall.

Reactions: Cristobal and MrE

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
I have a couple of drinking mates one has a Sub the other a Batman.

1 The sub bezel is never straight

2 The crystals on both of them are filthy

3 On a less than 31 day month neither advance the date.

4 On the Batman the GMT hand is set to a random time zone.

Causes me a lot of stress and they know it.

Ssouthall6

Jan 26, 2018
Dust on the dial used to, it doesn't any more because I must knock the crystal at least once a month producing even more dust on the dial and moving the previous specks elsewhere

Tbh I buy very few watches I can't Franken these days anyway so wonky markers and misaligned bezels become irrelevant. If it's a rollie I guess the most important thing is eve bracelet fit to the case

ChefZorba

Hobo 115
Jan 20, 2018
Southern California
I have a couple of drinking mates one has a Sub the other a Batman.

1 The sub bezel is never straight

3 On a less than 31 day month neither advance the date.

4 On the Batman the GMT hand is set to a random time zone.
My good buddy has had the bezel on his gmt at 35 for years because it’s his favorite number, NEVER has the correct date nor correct gmt time. Still drives me nuts!

Reactions: Timnic54

Cristobal

Jan 26, 2018
I consider myself quite a realistic person, the details I tend to look at carefully in QC are quite simple.

DW alignment
Sels
Dial ( alignment/ dirt)
Insert ( usually on rollies )

Other issues wouldn't bother me so much Infact, I always check with a mate to see if I am been reasonable... Haha

Most importantly I respect the dealer and seek clarification from him if unsure.

But there has been couple of instances that I hace rejected and this has happened more recently , could be due to rejected stock for obvious flaws which stare at you all day.... unbearable

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
A side from all this..I can not stand finger prints on my crystal and bracelets. I wipe it off as soon as I put the watch on lol