Omega 8500 New Clone Movement

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

WatchGuy

Dec 22, 2017
Saw this posted and had to check it out. If this thing looks as good as the pics, we may be able to call some of the open back Omegas, Super Reps.

https://puretime.io/vsf-omega-8500-super-clone-movement.html

Gen Movement
calibre-8500.jpg

Clone
365.jpg

You can see the balance is using a single post in the gen, where the rep has dual posts for regulating. Overall finish is pretty good for a rep, and the jewels arent too bad.

Be interesting to see if they went with the silicone hairspring and DLC mainsprings, or if they are just painted metal.

amptor

Feb 4, 2018
Hercules, California
So this clone movement is available in a variety of watches now and operates similar to gen. Only problem is, these reps are a bit expensive though I may end up needing to purchase one at some point. For the time being, I'm happy with my current black balance wheel watch but this one looks more perfect than the previous decorated movement with a black balance wheel slapped in there. Which is unfortunate for my wallet.

I guess I'll have to order two watches soon instead of just one.

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Only issues I've heard is finding it in stock. I've never ordered from TS station only intime. How is it?
Well, not a TD on RWI or RWG anymore. The word is that the site was sold to someone else and service has suffered. However some people still order from them. I guess it depends on how lucky you feel.

Flyin_gnome

Content Contributor
Jan 22, 2019
Idaho, USA
Well, not a TD on RWI or RWG anymore. The word is that the site was sold to someone else and service has suffered. However some people still order from them. I guess it depends on how lucky you feel.
Fair enough. Suppose I will stick with the evil I know vs the evil you dont.

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
I only order from Sead. I was just using a link I saw. Sead says he likes the 45.5mm VSF with the 8500 and he has not sold any VSF 43.5mm 8900s yet.
I will sell my V4 NOOB LMPO if I get one.

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Looking at both Black Dial , Black insert, silver numbers on dial it seems the VSF 43.5 is ceramic engraved and filled bezel insert and the VSF 45.5 is printed or some other method bezel insert (Both claim ceramic). Years ago I discovered with a Orange bezel insert either noob or at maker that over the course of a summer in the sun the printing on these inserts faded horribly and they very easily scratched