Pens

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

heretical_contrarian

Not all those who wander are lost.
Feb 22, 2018
Thought I might start this thread up. One of my other hobbies is collecting pens. Particularly machined pens. Anyone have any neat pens they want to share with the class?

Here is a recent addition by dbBlades out of Australia. Takes an easyflow 9000.

IMG_20180330_131619.jpg

IMG_20180330_131552.jpg

OP
heretical_contrarian

heretical_contrarian

Feb 22, 2018
Second pen from dbBlades. This and the one before are machined out of stainless steel.

IMG_20180331_104218.jpg

IMG_20180331_104227.jpg

OP
heretical_contrarian

heretical_contrarian

Feb 22, 2018
Have you seen Graman's over at RWG? They always look fantastic: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/forum/168-sawdust-amp-ink-gramans-timber-pens/
Yes they do. Unfortunately I limit myself to 8 pens and I love metal pens so no room at the moment ;-)

This pen is from a German Goldsmith named Peter Doering. It's machined out of titanium and then stonewashed to give it this apocalyptic look.
The last three pens have taken 5-8 month waits... O well it helps me get better patience lol.

IMG_20180401_091700.jpg

Reactions: Scott

Maron

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Mar 2, 2018
Canada
I have a pelican m200. Love writing with it but I had to stop writing by hand due to my neck injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Jan 16, 2018
Yes they do. Unfortunately I limit myself to 8 pens and I love metal pens so no room at the moment ;-)

This pen is from a German Goldsmith named Peter Doering. It's machined out of titanium and then stonewashed to give it this apocalyptic look.
The last three pens have taken 5-8 month waits... O well it helps me get better patience lol.

View attachment 12474
interesting .....send me his contact info if you can please

WingNut

Idiot Savant and Good Dood
Ambassador
Feb 25, 2018
Not really into pens...yet...

I do like the idea of a window breaker and skull spike LOL

1522676309765.png

OP
heretical_contrarian

heretical_contrarian

Feb 22, 2018
The pen in my pocket today is a fellhoelter tibolt. One of my first machined pens. Has a Schmidt easy flow 9000 in it that writes super smooth.

IMG_20180402_100628.jpg

Reactions: Rush and Maron

GBub

Feb 26, 2018
Nice pens OP!

I keep looking on this thread to see all the cool pics of fountain pens too, but nothing doing yet......are there no messy finger lovers out there?

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
I like these. Have you taken them through TSA security? From what I’ve read, the screeners like to increase their personal tactical pen collections.

OP
heretical_contrarian

heretical_contrarian

Feb 22, 2018
I like these. Have you taken them through TSA security? From what I’ve read, the screeners like to increase their personal tactical pen collections.
All of mine pass fine. However, they are not tactical looking. Just look like metal pens in my opinion. Now those UZI pens, etc... yea I don't know about those....

OP
heretical_contrarian

heretical_contrarian

Feb 22, 2018
This industrial chunk of brass is made by tuffwriter and takes a Schmidt easyflow as well.
My heaviest pen and is a very thick brass. It's aged pretty well as it gets regular exposure to all kinds of harsh medical cleaners, etc. Gives it a strange patina.

IMG_20180403_091229.jpg

OP
heretical_contrarian

heretical_contrarian

Feb 22, 2018
are these better than the Fisher refills ?

i actually had to machine the inside my UZI to take one of those , as i thought (im not a connisour of pens) were the best...

Im also not the bestest speller , so please excuse me there too !
I guess it depends on your applications. The Fisher pen will write on receipts, and just about anything pretty. It is also waterproof, however until it dries I find it easy to smudge and it seems to be a slow drying ink.

That being said it does not write as smoothly as other cartridges in my opinion. If you write on paper a lot then the Schmidt Easyflow 9000 is the way to go. The ink flow is like butter. Nice dark lines with little bleeding in my experience. It has been the best cartridge I have found so far.

and to all you fountain pen guys reading this thread..... I know your laughing. It's ok. I know these don't compare to the a well crafted nib.... I just can't use a fountain when I am out in the field, etc.

Raddave

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Jan 16, 2018
I guess it depends on your applications. The Fisher pen will write on receipts, and just about anything pretty. It is also waterproof, however until it dries I find it easy to smudge and it seems to be a slow drying ink.

That being said it does not write as smoothly as other cartridges in my opinion. If you write on paper a lot then the Schmidt Easyflow 9000 is the way to go. The ink flow is like butter. Nice dark lines with little bleeding in my experience. It has been the best cartridge I have found so far.

I might just have to grab a few of those and try them .....