Pictorial Review - ZF IWC 371445

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

MAJ75

Content Contributor
Feb 25, 2018
So after sitting high on my wants list for most of last year & coming extremely close to ordering the SWF version, I finally pulled the trigger on my first IWC the 3714 (brand new slim movement/case version from ZF).

It was my first order in quite some time from a TD & having used most of the usual suspects I decided to try Mary, who lived up 100% to her excellent reputation. Thanks to the senior members here for it was you who gave me the confidence to use her.

In something of a game of russian roulette I ordered this almost adjacent to the CNY shutdown, but pleased to say it transitted quickly without problems to the UK.

I had decided some time ago that the SS case gold numerals was the one for me. For some reason the versions listed seem to come with a stock brown leather/alligator style strap, on my request Mary kindly got the watch with a black strap as I prefer that match up.

A further note on the subject of straps having done copious amounts of reading I had already sourced a gen spec real alligator in navy blue with a normal buckle. I am just not a fan of the deployant fastening be it IWC or Breitling etc. I actually think the supplied strap is ok but it doesn't in anyway bring the piece to life like the genuine gator.

As you can see below this piece is breathtakingly beautiful & so photogenic, for me it nails the smart dress watch brief down to the ground. Moving forwards I can feel a gen purchase coming on as the design is right up in my top 5.

ZF have done a cracking job with the replication, the casework & dial are stunning.

Drawbacks? As noted elsewhere the rotor is noisy as hell which is a shame but I can live with it.

I am delighted that it has met with my expectations & I'm sure that it will maintain its place in the weekly rotation.

3714_BL1.jpg

3714_BL2.jpg

3714_BL3.jpg

3714_BL4.jpg

3714_DAY31.jpg

3714_DAY32.jpg

3714_DAY33.jpg

3714_MAP1.jpg

3714_MAP3.jpg

3714_MAP4.jpg

3714_MAP5.jpg

3714_MAP6.jpg

3714_MAP7.jpg

Scott

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 1, 2018
Fantastic rep... I had a panda and regret letting go of it! Always wanted one in this color scheme too.

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
I am not an IWC fanatic but my goodness that is gorgeous