Quick Look at This Week's Wristies: 04/12/21 to 04/18/21

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

This is a need-to-post-quickly-because-I'm-falling-asleep wristie. It's been ONE OF THOSE DAYS, starting this morning: had to get out of bed and out the door quickly, so I reached into my Rolex watch box and grabbed this: new ROLEX SEA DWELLER with cylops. The rest of the day/night blur: watch is nicely done, great dial details, very good cyclops with small date in window. Substantial piece. dave:

Reactions: minty007
OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hi, Gang!

This is a belated HUMPDAY wristie entry, as I wasn't able to post last night. The Humpday wristie is of this old ROLEX SUBMARINER #16613, (blue and gold), with A2836 heart, purchased from an old TD a number of years ago. THIS Rolex is my all-time fav watch -- one I ALMOST purchased a number of years ago -- until we saw the asking price: $12,000 usd. I almost went into cardiac arrest and wet myself at the same time; I love Rolex but not that much -- I'm not part of the super rich -- or even rich. So, I have to be content with this marvelous rep instead. It's not too shabby! dave:

IMG_0319

IMG_0317

IMG_0314

OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hello, Folks!

Today is Pamsday, so you know what that means... .

Today features that attractive-but-troublesome PAM 111 on rubber I've had for a while, A manual (wind up) watch, it has trouble generation enough power to run through the day and evening. I'll give it about 90 + less-than-full winds & it runs for a few hours, then stops; it's not unusual for me to have to take it off several times a day to rewind it. Tomorrow I'm taking it in to one of my local watch smiths to have it checked out. dave:

PANERAI_111_ON_Blk._Rubber._Strap_003(1)

OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Hiya, GANG!

Briefly, a weekend wristie. I took this nice looking DAVOSA TERNOS Diver out of storage, as it was time to do so. Blue dial and blue ceramic bezel, it's a hefty watch; doesn't get enough attention -- and it should! dave: NOTE: I did take a wristie of today's prize having the correct date of the 16th. Don't know what happened here.

DAVOSA._TERNOS._BLUE,_SUBMARINER_009

DAVOSA._TERNOS._BLUE,_SUBMARINER_004

DAVOSA._TERNOS._BLUE,_SUBMARINER_005

DAVOSA._TERNOS._BLUE,_SUBMARINER_006

OP
D

dave47

Diplomat
Diplomat
Apr 19, 2018
Tried to have this repaired: it kept stopping after a full wind; took it to my local watch smith who tried to get it running -- which occurred -- for four hours; stopped; took it off my wrist and manually wound it 100 times; ran for two minutes & stopped again. Maybe it's my old age, but I'm thoughly disgusted with this 111 and will now sell it for a song and a dance. I'm tired of it. dave:

PANERAI_111_ON_Blk._Rubber._Strap_007(1)

PANERAI_111_ON_Blk._Rubber._Strap_003(1)

PANERAI_111_ON_Blk._Rubber._Strap_005(1)