Rep or Gen ?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Agree with @occb2 however, the dw looks 100% gen so does the insert. Dial looks gen as well.. hands are ? But based on what i see it looks like a gen and a bad taste for polishing a fine watch. @occb2 Rehaut is perfectly aligned. Why do you think hands are rep?

OP
Timnic54

Timnic54

NWBIG
Horologist
Jan 16, 2018
Bangkok
It is Gen Bought new from AD, by me, actually one of the first hulks in UK. I had the center links and lug tops polished, because I always find Subs a bit dull.

So watch is Gen, but owner completely stark staring mad. :LOL:

Here it is when I bought it along with LN in 2010

5346727759_03a5c364ee_z.jpg

Last edited:

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Man. Glad I was wrong. The hands are odzd. But I hear a lot of odd things about rolex now. The QA isnt what it use too be. They over fill lum cups, they apply sharp hands not polished. They engrave end links differently. I mean not even close too matching font or numbers. Consistency is what use to make Rolex amazing. Understood that they use too out source dials so the difference in fonts with all the MK's.

The rehaut on your is great though. That is what had me thinking at the end I might be wrong. Then I thought why would someone polish and mess up a watch. But if you like it, that is all that it is about. It is...YOUR WATCH.... and you made it special. Wear it in great health. I sported mine today all day.

Trust me when I tell you I am no Hulk fan. I really was even hesitant on getting the dial on bezel to complete my 116610LV. The real case I picked up so happen to be an LV serial number and I built it as an LN. I were that all the time. But the LV is growing on me. Dial really looks black a lot more than green. Here are a shot during the day.

View attachment 484
Brother that dirty insert is killing me lol some soap please! Lol

PlanetZoom

Active Enthusiast
Ambassador
Jan 20, 2018
CONUS
It is Gen Bought new from AD, by me, actually one of the first hulks in UK. I had the center links and lug tops polished, because I always find Subs a bit dull.
Mystery solved! (I thought I heard a drum roll.)