Sold Rolex Coke GMT BP

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Breesy

Jan 8, 2018
England
Shipping From
UK
Shipping To
World Wide
Item Source
Other
Item Condition
Like New
Price
Shipping Price
Payment
Paypal Gift (No Notes)
Terms
I have read Horology Board's Terms and Conditions
BP 2836, This is a stunning piece but have only worn it once inside the house so is as new. It has sat on my winder and has kept good time. This was purchased from another member on RWI who purchased it from Perfect clones and he never wore it. It was a special request to have it without the rehault. I paid £200 and would like £180 firm please. I have over 50 m2m's over on RWI, postage and customs are the risk of the buyer.

wYbIGi6.jpgp5uEb0i.jpgQc9gAaN.jpgSXOoQWj.jpgK7NlbXY.jpgEDS7XRy.jpgAYZTjrl.jpgYEMDEif.jpg

Reactions: LarryZek

occb2

Horologist
Jan 18, 2018
New York
Looks great. I had the real one. Miss it.

What did you mean about the rehaut? The 16710 never came out with the engraving on the rehaut. If there is a rep with it on that would be a huge give away. The GMT ceramic was the first too come out and it predated the Sub by a few years. The sub 16610 did as most know, have rehaut engraving the last few years prior to ceramic sub coming out. The GMT never did thought.

But this watch here looks just like my old real 16710 coke.

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017

What did you mean about the rehaut? The 16710 never came out with the engraving on the rehaut. If there is a rep with it on that would be a huge give away. The GMT ceramic was the first too come out and it predated the Sub by a few years. The sub 16610 did as most know, have rehaut engraving the last few years prior to ceramic sub coming out. The GMT never did thought.

Agreed here is my gen for reference 425E4880-60F7-4625-B60D-1125B98D981A.jpeg94DB9B39-120B-44C0-BE5B-34DDB63C5E6D.jpeg

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
This is an outstanding rep for the price.

OP
Breesy

Breesy

Jan 8, 2018
England

Perfect clones had this advertised with the Rehaut and so do other dealers, the later years did have the rehaut (so I am told) I believe this ran for 2 years.

occb2

Horologist
Jan 18, 2018
New York
Perfect clones had this advertised with the Rehaut and so do other dealers, the later years did have the rehaut (so I am told) I believe this ran for 2 years.
Nope. The GMT came out with ceramic line in 2007. They NEVER did rehaut engraving on the 16710. Period. If you see one. It is a fake. If the TD's are selling them then it is an error. There is a great book out there called ROLEX GMT-MASTER that will show you every GMT version ever made. I own it. You will not find one 16710 or any other 5 digit GMT with rehaut engraving.

There is a great online GMT history page too that will show you variations too the GMT. Only thing that changed on the 16710 in the end was the movement. It went from a 3185 to a 3186 at the end. Of course they had the dial lum change and the T dial to the SWISS dial too the SWISS MADE dial, like every other ROLEX but sorry. Never did they engrave the rehaut. They didn't have too. They came out with the ceramic line first. I believe what you are talking about for the last 2 years might be the movement change. Only thing too change on the 16710.

Here is a good history page

http://www.gmtmasterhistory.com/gmt-master_ref_16710.html

Here is the history of the ones with the rehaut engraving.

http://www.gmtmasterhistory.com/gmt-master_ref_116710.html

The reason why the GMT didn't do what the sub did was the fact that by the time the rehaut engraving what happening to the Sub line, the ceramic GMT was coming out.

Hope this helps out the sale of this watch. The fact that you removed it made it extremely more like a real rolex.

This watch looks perfect. I owned one. Yes the hand stack is wrong. But really no one notices that unless you are someone like me. And really, you can only see that 2 times a day. This IS a steal for the look. Just look at @GMTG0D 's watch.

OP
Breesy

Breesy

Jan 8, 2018
England
Nope. The GMT came out with ceramic line in 2007. They NEVER did rehaut engraving on the 16710. Period. If you see one. It is a fake. If the TD's are selling them then it is an error. There is a great book out there called ROLEX GMT-MASTER that will show you every GMT version ever made. I own it. You will not find one 16710 or any other 5 digit GMT with rehaut engraving.

There is a great online GMT history page too that will show you variations too the GMT. Only thing that changed on the 16710 in the end was the movement. It went from a 3185 to a 3186 at the end. Of course they had the dial lum change and the T dial to the SWISS dial too the SWISS MADE dial, like every other ROLEX but sorry. Never did they engrave the rehaut. They didn't have too. They came out with the ceramic line first. I believe what you are talking about for the last 2 years might be the movement change. Only thing too change on the 16710.

The reason why the GMT didn't do what the sub did was the fact that by the time the rehaut engraving what happening to the Sub line, the ceramic GMT was coming out.

Hope this helps out the sale of this watch. The fact that you removed it made it extremely more like a real rolex.

This watch looks perfect. I owned one. Yes the hand stack is wrong. But really no one notices that unless you are someone like me. And really, you can only see that 2 times a day. This IS a steal for the look. Just look at @GMTG0D 's watch.
Thanks for the information, it’s good for the knowledge. Like you say good job I went for the no rehault. It’s one I’m not fussed about selling to be honest as I really like it, I just don’t wear it.

Reactions: occb2

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017

Thank you for the informative post. Going back to your original words that this is a great rep compared to gen yes it is. This should of been sold already to be honest.

occb2

Horologist
Jan 18, 2018
New York
Thanks for the information, it’s good for the knowledge. Like you say good job I went for the no rehault. It’s one I’m not fussed about selling to be honest as I really like it, I just don’t wear it.

Yea that happens to me a lot. I have sold amazing watches I have built because they sit in the winder. But man this is an amazing watch. Really. I owned the real deal and also sold it. It also sat in my winder. Im a sub guy. I have a real 116710LN and while I do wear it once in awhile, my subs out do it for every day watch wearing. GLWS. What is your go too watch? You can PM me if you want.

OP
Breesy

Breesy

Jan 8, 2018
England
Yea that happens to me a lot. I have sold amazing watches I have built because they sit in the winder. But man this is an amazing watch. Really. I owned the real deal and also sold it. It also sat in my winder. Im a sub guy. I have a real 116710LN and while I do wear it once in awhile, my subs out do it for every day watch wearing. GLWS. What is your go too watch? You can PM me if you want.
My go to is v7 sub no date, but I’m really into my IWC’s at the minute. I see subs everywhere and it’s nice to wear something a little different.

Reactions: occb2