Rolex Parts/Build Reference

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
This is a post after my own heart! Amazing. Thanks. This is exactly what I do. Problem is finding real cases. I was lucky this year and found 4 real cases a 16613 a 16610 a 116610 and a 116710. But they cost a ton.

Some nice after market cases out there. The JF is really nice after a little work. You have too use tabs too hold a 3135 in there but really the last TC you also had to use a tab. Thanks @Merlin for this write up.
Did I hear gen 116710 and 16613??????????

OP
Merlin

Merlin

Wizard
Diplomat
New update: sample builds!

Now you get to see the cost of builds straight from my own collection, as well as builds from some of my friends. I always hated when people post their finished build and is all hush-hush about how much everything cost them.

In addition, I added a parts vendor list. Let me know if I should add anyone else.

I've been super inactive lately but I have some free time now so I'll have the 16613, 16622, 16623, 116710 models up by end of this weekend (including sample build pictures) :)

JackJ1980

Content Contributor
Horologist
Dec 22, 2017
A couple things to note for new people to the hobby or frankening. It is very rare you are going to find a brand new NOS part. Merlin is part of the group who knows people who can get brand new sealed parts. Unless you’re buying from about one of 6 people on the forums the vast vast vast majority will be used. You can cut most of those prices in half if used. I sold a half dozen 16610LV inserts for under $350 and 16610LN inserts under $100. Dials are the same. With patience you can normally find a great quality used dial for half of new retail. If someone says it’s new but it comes in anything but a Rolex sealed package, it’s used. Also whenever a price looks too good to be true, it is. Walk away :)

sogeha

Mar 17, 2018
That is great, it is really useful to have the information in one place. Perhaps in time it could be expanded to other Frankens and builds, vintage Rolex, Pams and AP spring to mind