Seamaster 300 Spectre - silk purse from sow's ear?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
Bored one evening and notice an incredibly cheap ($25) Spectre on the Gate. Thought it might be an amusing project and low risk. So it arrived with a very shiny dial, crappy painted lume, god awful insert, and coke bottle green crystal. It did run though.

As luck would have it I had a high dome plexi in my spares box and some time. So I dulled down the dial with some matte spray and relumed the dial and hands, also clipped off the end of the sec hand.

46P08m9.jpg

4IO13LT.jpg

I bleached the insert, matte sprayed it, and installed the high dome plexi.

cvAbuJp.jpg

6Y4L1GC.jpg

vecgmli.jpg

Couple of wristies

BTwyO0S.jpg

YV7g0RS.jpg

Not ashamed of it anymore. Actually turned out better than I thought. This would be a good watch for someone who wanted to learn how to play with watches to start with.

OP
NCRich

NCRich

Content Contributor
Ambassador
Feb 4, 2018
I ordered it on the bracelet. With a bit of sandpaper for the sharp edges and a baby oil bath its not half bad. Better than I would have thought.

mdp06Hr.jpg

5qpdcAn.jpg

gOM4izs.jpg