(Seeking Gen Owners) RG Daytona Head Weight

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

lpl

"Keanu Reeves"
Dec 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Looking to build an RG Daytona (116515LN). Does anyone here own/know of anyone who owns an RG Daytona? I'm looking to find out the weight of the watch head.
rolex-cosmograph-daytona-116515ln-unworn-with-box-and-papers-available-to-order-p4486-10113_zoom.jpg
Thanks!

Reactions: Rush and GMTG0D

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
Interesting project and one of my favorite models right now. Good luck in your endeavor, you might to search the rolex forums as well.

OP
lpl

lpl

"Keanu Reeves"
Dec 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Interesting project and one of my favorite models right now. Good luck in your endeavor, you might to search the rolex forums as well.
Hoarded this dial for a couple of months now. Waiting for a donor watch.

Noob Daytona with the upcoming 116515 release seems to be the best option at the moment with the following upgrades:
- Gen Dial
- Gen Crystal + Gasket
- SA4130 Movement Service
- RubberB Rubber or Hamilton Leather Strap Black Alligator Strap Upgrade

I think the head weight I'm a bit picky about. 40cc99a50ffba0d4eceaff9019c045da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
The weight shouldnt bother you as much as the rose gold color tbh. Gen ever rose is distinct to regulae rose gold. It is slightly more pink/ lighter than traditional rose or plated. Weight on the gen should be more (I assume). Also, a lot of people are mixing the New noobs with ARF parts such as insert etc. Might wanna look into that option too

Reactions: lpl

GMTG0D

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2017
As you know the inser is a big part in these builds. I am honestly not bothered with stock crystals on non-date watches at all. I doubt there is much difference from stock rep crystal to gen in non-date watches

Reactions: lpl
OP
lpl

lpl

"Keanu Reeves"
Dec 23, 2017
Toronto, Canada
As you know the inser is a big part in these builds. I am honestly not bothered with stock crystals on non-date watches at all. I doubt there is much difference from stock rep crystal to gen in non-date watches
Thanks mate! We will wait and see when it comes out and let's talk. I will pm you!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk