Question Seiko 6105 Build ???? Anyone?

• Please add our email support@horologyboard.com and/or domain horologyboard.com into your whitelist to make sure emails are not filtered or blocked. If you have registered but have not received your activation email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still cannot find your email to activate your account, please Contact Us. Thank you.

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Has anyone here ever built a Captain Willard Apocalypse Now Seiko 6105 ? I have seen genuines that are Thrashed for $2500 and the new reissue SLA033 for $3700. I've seen a Sharkey 6105 for $150 and some Sterile builds on AliBaba for $100 that really look great, Aftermarket Dials are available but date window doesn't line up well with NH35 movement, Typical Homage is sporting a NH35. Watchuseek has lots of threads and builds. I would sure like to find a good formula for a great build but not so much luck yet. Anyone have Knowledge of these???? Thanks in Advance

te-kruse

Feb 18, 2020
Hi.
It's rather easy to make a good looking homage from a sharky 6105.
I've made 3 (to myself and my son and a friend).
Find a proper aftermarket dial and hands.
You have to cut off the the dial feet and use the tiny selfadeshing dots for dial fixation.
Then the date window will align with the datewheel..
I adwise to use the aftermarket hands due to the fact that those on the sharky has blue loom..
To complete the watch, buy a chocolate bar strap from uncle seiko and a neutral backcover.
Then you have a nice copy...
Good Luck!
Regards
Terje Kruse
Oslo
Norway 93d01513dfa79f109ed04f9b95d65269.jpg

Sent fra min H9436 via Tapatalk

Reactions: Rx4Time
OP
Thrasher

Thrasher

The Annoyance Facilitator
Ambassador
Jan 5, 2018
Hi.
It's rather easy to make a good looking homage from a sharky 6105.
I've made 3 (to myself and my son and a friend).
Find a proper aftermarket dial and hands.
You have to cut off the the dial feet and use the tiny selfadeshing dots for dial fixation.
Then the date window will align with the datewheel..
I adwise to use the aftermarket hands due to the fact that those on the sharky has blue loom..
To complete the watch, buy a chocolate bar strap from uncle seiko and a neutral backcover.
Then you have a nice copy...
Good Luck!
Regards
Terje Kruse
Oslo
Norway View attachment 46381

Thank You so much for the reply. That's the formula I was going to follow based on advice from others, it's great to get a confirmation with picture.

I ordered the sharkey and this dial and these hands

te-kruse

Feb 18, 2020
Then you're good to go. Work slowly and be careful, specially when attaching the hands. The small secondhand can be a pain in....
Good luck.
Post a picture when you're done!
T